Beginners and Beyond

5k on the Runway RR (Read 103 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I didn't win a trophy this morning, I definitely wasn't feeling it but it wasn't a bad run. My garmin got to 3.1 about a minute faster than I got to the finish, it has 25:40 with an average pace of 8:17 min/mile. The clock timed me at 26:39 with an average pace of 8:36 min/mile, a bit slower than last weekend but I am not going to fret about it, I just wasn't feeling this morning. 
    My splits were:
    Mile 1 - 8:33
    Mile 2 - 8:10
    Mile 3 - 8:13
    .1        - 7:32
      Definitely not as badass as last weekend's race, but I think my body just needs a rest from running hard. I am going to try and take it easy on the next few days, especially on the runs. Anyways, my results were:
    Overall: 102nd of 389
    Female: 25th of 203
    F25-29: 8th of 27
      So even though I didn't get a trophy, I still did really well, just 7 females away from AG 1st place and that is alright. I was expecting worse, or not as good I should say and so I am pleased with the overall results. 
    Strange though, my bib number is 1002, and I was seeing bib numbers as high as 2200 yet there were only 389 finishers........... but I guess that is good thing otherwise I'd probably be closer in the overall of 300+ and so on.  My sister fell back just before mile 2, she finished with a time of 27:33, average pace of 8:55 min/mile and her results were:
    Overall: 120th of 389
    Female: 33rd of 203
    F25-29: 10th of 27
    I think this September she will no longer be in my age group lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scissorbill

Congratulations!

Docket_Rocket

Great job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Good job FreeSoul.

As LRB said in another thread (paraphrasing)  trophies can be hard to come by and it's great that

you got one but don't judge all your performances against one race.  Some day you will beat your

PR and maybe not even take an AG award. But it's not a reflection on your performance.

Around here my 25:29 5K PR gets me a big fat nothing!LOL  Just too many fast girls here, even in

my 50-59 AG. I would have to get down to around 23 minutes to even come close to an award

and at 51 that's likely never going to happen but I can still be proud of my race times.

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Placement isn't everything.  If you think you ran a good race, then you did.  You did do really good splits; I always seem to slow down on mile 3.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks all Smile, had it been more than 3 miles I probably would have started slowing down, at least closer to 9 min/mile pace lol. Eh, I guess it's the semi-competitive part of me, looking at how close I was from first place and I think "if I had only been a little faster" lol. Then again, the fastest girl in my AG ran a 21:11 race so........ yeah that might have killed me at this point, maybe someday in the future. I am beginning to wonder if I run better on hilly or semi-hilly courses.... I kind of like them more than these flat courses now that I think about it Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

B-Plus

That's quite a bit off your PR, but every course and day is different. Regardless, those are some pretty nice splits. I wonder if you could have stepped it up just a notch at the start and still maintained that awesome finish you had. This 5k is a tough beast to figure out.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I wonder the same, my glutes and hams were tingly though and I had started off around 8:20 min/mile but before the 1st mile I slowed down. I think the course messed with me mentally, we ran the runway at the airport and it just looked HUGE.... oh well my goal at both races was 26:59 minutes so I beat it both times. I really can't wait to see the pics and I hope somebody actually got pics of me this time.

PRs

I think the course messed with me mentally, we ran the runway at the airport and it just looked HUGE....

Nice race, Free.  ^^ That may be the case, those really long straightaways can zap your pacing just because you're looking so far ahead.

B-Plus

+1 to Shirfan. That sounds really cool to run on the runway though.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah.... it was cool, we were promised no planes were going to land so that was nice. We weren't on the main runway though, the one that the public airport uses, but the we ran I think on the private runway that the Tri-State Aero place uses. So we were all pretty safe (unless there was a crash, thank god there wasn't).

The more I think about it, I am quite proud of my time, I still did under 9 min/mile and I kept it pretty consistent from the get go.

PRs

thekl0wn

Pigtail Connoisseur

Probably the coolest pace vehicle I've seen.

Great job!

Something witty

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, yeah it was., what the heck was it anyways?

Thanks.

Probably the coolest pace vehicle I've seen.

Great job!

PRs

thekl0wn

Pigtail Connoisseur

Lol, yeah it was., what the heck was it anyways?

Thanks.

Airport firetruck.

Something witty

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I want one.

PRs