Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES are taking a stand (Read 39 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

LRB

Yeah this bad boy will go good in my manly room!

hog4life

Hey Rick, and the rest of the Dailies.

I should end up with over 20 miles this week, first time since mid May(damn PF). I went to GI doctor on Thursday and got some news to share. I need to soak it in a little first though.

delicate flower

Happy Three Day Weekend Friday, el tacoritas!  So after my 12 not-so-great miles Wednesday, I was looking forward to some easy miles after work yesterday.  I ended up running 8.25 miles at 8:04 pace with about a two minute negative split.  It's weird how you can feel so sluggish one day and feel like a champ the next.  I suppose more clouds, less heat, and less humidity helped as well.  I am very pleased with that run.

This work day can't end soon enough.

<3

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies!

Morning Mitch & LRB. Mitch, I hope that you have good news to share.

LRB, is that a new coat rack? Mine has a treadmill attached to it! Smile

4 early, humid miles. The dew point and temperature are nearly the same which means that it's downright wet out this morning.

Have a good day, y'all!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Oops, missed you, Phil! Morning.

Also, some sad news - looks like my next door neighbor's cat got hit by a car yesterday evening. Nice cat, always liked to lounge around on my deck, watching the birds and squirrels.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Good morning!

Nice LRB.  We live in a log house, so no worries about finding a stud to mount the TV on the wall.  But would be nice to have a good place to put the cable box...

Triaining plan called for 8 @13:43 for Wednesday.  Due to life, I did them yesterday.  Down near the beach, 65ish and windy.  Average pace was good - 13:53 - but mile by mile I was all over the place:

#  Dist    Pace     Commentary
                1  1 mi    14:46    Includes warm up
                2  1 mi    14:23    Still feeling lousy.  Took a wrong turn.
                3  1 mi    14:19    There's a gourmet hamburger stand over there.  Hand cut fries.  Damn, didn't bring any cash.
                4  1 mi    14:09    Now passing a seafood place.  Fried clams.  Yum.  Drooling, but getting into a groove
                5  1 mi    14:43    Includes a little walking after I got to where I hid my water bottle
                6  1 mi    12:35    Running into the wind, which was really slowing me down.  Hmm, now that I see the split, I seem to have overcompensated.
                7  1 mi    13:32    And there's the hamburger stand again.  Think they'd give me the fries now if I promised to come back with cash?
                8  1 mi    13:23    On to the last bike path stretch.  No dodging cars, but lots of piles of brush.  Apparently trail work day.  But it's noon so no workers in sight.
                9 .52 mi 12:26   I'm over 8.  As soon as I see the parking lot I can walk.  I know that damned parking lot is around the next corner.  No, the next one.  Dodge the tourists that make me look skinny.  Ignore disbelieving looks.  Hurdle row of 3 gallon water jugs.  At last, the gate.

Actually, if you allow for the water break, I managed a negative split run, other than the first windy mile.  Not too shabby.  Today, 3 recovery miles.  Tomorrow SRD.  Sunday back to speed, which I'm looking forward to.  I know others hate 800's but I love that they are over sooner.

I'm sorry about your neighbor's cat, Tom.  Will give my critters extra scritches this morning.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hey yo!

I brought my running gear to work with me.  Planning to get in some lunchtime miles.  Looking forward to a long weekend.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jess runs for bacon

Mitch, I really hope it is good news!

Hip Redux

Granite - are you from NH?  With a name like that, I gotta ask.  :P

Morning LRB, Phil, Tom, Mitch and LL!

Today is early release day, then parental units are over and then we're heading out to a HALF IRON MAN!  Well, Mr. Oski's.  I am volunteering on the swim - will have my kayak out and lordy, I hope no one needs me to save them.

SIAR - no, seriously, why DO you hate your body?  lol

I did in fact!  23.35 miles total, and a yoga class that went about an hour and fifteen minutes.   In addition to that, I mowed my yard today.  Why do I hate my body?

Hip Redux

And no late night check in from Jay, yesterday?

LRB

Good morning!

Supp!

Jess, that makes two of us.

O, he was probably winning a race somewhere.

Tom, a coat rack?  lol

Supp Mitch, Boon and Rob!

Welp, I guess I should get out there and get this run in before it gets too hot and sticky, sigh...

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD!  SRD!  SRD!

Tom, sorry about the cat.  That's why my cats are indoor cats.

Mitch, let us know the news when you're ready to share them.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

I hope things are ok Mitch.

Rick, gotta love the flat panel TVs. Smile Whenever I want a good laugh I just talk to my old roommate about this big ass console TV that we lugged up 3 flights of stairs on 3 separate occasions.

Good running everyone else.

The weather was better here this morning, 64 with fog. It made my Pace run a lot more enjoyable than yesterday's easy 6. Finished 7.1 @ 8:26 pace. A little change in my morning schedule this AM, DW is going in for some lab work so I get to stay home with DD until she gets back. I get the easy shift of feeding her in the morning.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew