Beginners and Beyond

2nd marathon in a few days (Read 64 times)

I am wondering why I am not freaking out like I was in January when I ran my first marathon.

Less of a taper?

Work busy enough that I don't feel crazy yet?

Maybe I am going crazy and didn't realize it.

I am running th flying pig in Cincinnati this coming Sunday. Monday should be interesting. Sunsay after the race I am flying to Austin TX then a 2 hr drive home.  I hope to be in bed by 1 or so on Sunday night.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Doh, because you have already done one.  The more you do them, the less nervous you'll get.  And if I remember, this one is for fun, right?  That makes it less nerveracking.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Doh, because you have already done one.  The more you do them, the less nervous you'll get.  And if I remember, this one is for fun, right?  That makes it less nerveracking.

^ This. Doh. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

It was going to be for fun as I hope to drink a beer or two on the course. But I am also shooting for a 30min pr Smile

I dont buy the "you have done one before." when I coached I was nervous before every game. 8th grade or varsity. I was also super nervous before the mile relay at track meets.

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

It gets better, especially since it's not the unknown, OMG, mile 20, and stuff.  You know what you have to do.  I wouldn't be surprised with a 30 minute PR or more.  Good luck!

I'll bet the medal is awesome.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good luck Sunday!

It gets better, especially since it's not the unknown, OMG, mile 20, and stuff.  You know what you have to do.  I wouldn't be surprised with a 30 minute PR or more.  Good luck!

I'll bet the medal is awesome.

Thanks. And the medal I think is a big one. 15th anniversary or something like that.

Tomas

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Experience, my friend, experience! Go out and get your PR!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Have fun!!!

Annnnd I'm nervous about my 5K Sunday.... it's Tuesday..... and it will be my 6th, in pretty much as many months. I have a feeling I am just always going to be a nervous nelly about races no matter how many I do.... kudos to you for being able to relax!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

RSX

It was going to be for fun as I hope to drink a beer or two on the course. But I am also shooting for a 30min pr Smile

I dont buy the "you have done one before." when I coached I was nervous before every game. 8th grade or varsity. I was also super nervous before the mile relay at track meets.

Good luck Tomas. I always thought that marathons were 1/3 psychological and you already know that you can do it. I remember after my first someone told me that you usually improve by a half hour your second time. It happened in my case. I hope that you have great weather also.

Zelanie

You are going to do great!  I just know it!

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Don't listen to D.  She does marathons for her weekly long runs! Wink

The USATF is actually trying to FIND a distance scary enough to make D nervous but the USATF is finding it just might be an exercise in futility!

It's actually the distance that fears Damaris!  Big grin

Randy

Docket_Rocket

As if.

Wait, I have one this weekend.

Don't listen to D.  She does marathons for her weekly long runs! Wink

The USATF is actually trying to FIND a distance scary enough to make D nervous but the USATF is finding it just might be an exercise in futility!

It's actually the distance that fears Damaris!  Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page

happylily

Tomas, you're crazy for doing this, but in a good way. Smile Go have fun, get a big PR and a shiny new medal and come back to tell us all about it! Good luck!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Tomas, you're crazy for doing this, but in a good way. Smile Go have fun, get a big PR and a shiny new medal and come back to tell us all about it! Good luck!

Thanks.

I have said it before, there is something wrong with anyone that runs more than 8 miles for fun Smile

Tomas