Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies Sunshine (Read 36 times)

Hip Redux

Rise and shine, folks!

Hip Redux

Today I have a mile walk on the docket!   And then dinner and a movie with Team Baboon.  The sun is shining, looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. Smile

Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Dorian and I headed out to meet up with the Jumpstart group and ran 2.1 miles with them, I wanted it to be slow and easy and assumed it would be with pushing a stroller but my average pace was 10:03 min/mile... not bad for pushing stroller, and it did feel easy.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Happy Weekend!  I slept 10 hours last night.  I needed that.  I woke up at 7:30 simply because I figured I had slept enough.  Grocery shopping is done, and am now heading out for a 20 mile bike ride followed by a 5 mile run, then a sushi recovery lunch.  

Today I have a mile walk on the docket!   And then dinner and a movie with Team Baboon.  

HOORAY!!

<3

Quiet morning here.

Today I gave into peer pressure from everyone on the forum, and finally ran a 5k.

21:33

2nd place AG

So I am pretty happy about that.

Hope everyone else has a great day.

Dave

LRB

Quiet morning here.

Today I gave into peer pressure from everyone on the forum, and finally ran a 5k.

21:33

2nd place AG

So I am pretty happy about that.

Hope everyone else has a great day.

That is fuckin awesome man!  You're doing that shit, you're doing it! 

My first 5k was a 23:51 by the way. 

LRB

'Sup!

Today's title is apropos as I got a late start and spent the entirety of my run with that stupid thing beating down on me.  Unlike years past however I am a much stronger runner now and was able to hold my effort even while my energy was waning.

Not to play Superman I did stop in at MC Donald's at the 8 mile point and took a drink from the faucet.  Hey, I said I was stronger not stupid!

I have a very busy day on tap with two graduations of great-nephews, one of which I am already late for.  I will thus play with you ladies and gents during the day on my cell, peace!

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Congrats Dave, great job!

I also ran a 5k this morning, my third time running this race, it was my very first race two years ago.  Ran a 19:31 for 1st place in my AG, very happy with that considering the heat and it's a pretty challenging cross country course.  I'll do up a RR later.  LaShawn Merrit, 2x Olympic Gold Medalist, started the race and handed out the AG awards, pretty cool.

Lil over 5 miles total with my warmup.  I'll go out later this evening for some more miles.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Congrats to you too Dave, WTG!

Dave

happylily

Congrats to our fine 5k racers! What excellent performances!

Rick, enjoy your graduation ceremonies, and well done on toughing it out in the heat this morning!

Baboon and Oski, have fun at the movies!

great job this morning, Dorian and FreeSoul!

I've been cleaning up the house and the adjoining daycare since early this morning. I have potential clients for September coming for a visit and I want to make a good impression. I was told that the smell of old diapers in the garbage can usually turns people off... Is that true? Anyway, I'm almost done, then I'll go on the roof terrace for some sun-tanning. The visit is at 4 p.m. I will run 6 miles at recovery pace after they leave.

Have a great day!

P.S. Aren't Shari and Damaris racing today?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

P.S. Aren't Shari and Damaris racing today?

Yes, I think Shari has a 50k and Damaris has a HM in Chicago.

Dave

happylily

Yes, I think Shari has a 50k and Damaris has a HM in Chicago.

Good luck, ladies! We're thinking of you!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Awesome job Dave!

Good luck D and Shari!

Lily, only if it is the poopy diaper smell and even then what should parents expect... you care for young children who are still in diapers, of course there is going to be a faint smell. Of course you just get rid of it by getting rid of the waste and then spraying a little smell good in there  That's something I couldn't stand at the dog boarding place I worked at in 2005, she wanted to care for 30+ dogs but wanted the facility to be spotless and to not smell like dogs, and the dogs were to be kept absolutely clean as well, even when going out in the play yards where there was dirt and mud 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Awesome job Dave!

Good luck D and Shari!

Lily, only if it is the poopy diaper smell and even then what should parents expect... you care for young children who are still in diapers, of course there is going to be a faint smell. Of course you just get rid of it by getting rid of the waste and then spraying a little smell good in there  That's something I couldn't stand at the dog boarding place I worked at in 2005, she wanted to care for 30+ dogs but wanted the facility to be spotless and to not smell like dogs, and the dogs were to be kept absolutely clean as well, even when going out in the play yards where there was dirt and mud 

Andrea, I was joking. I can't stand the smell of soiled diapers, poopy or not.  But I also roll my eyes at all the rules that govern my profession here, which say that I should wash ALL of the toys at the end of each day, either in the dish washer, or in a solution made with Javex. It's just insane... Kids hug each others, they lick their fingers while exchanging little cars they're playing with. If they are going to catch something during the day, Javex at the end of the day won't prevent it. But, most importantly, after I lock my door at 5 pm, I have to go RUN! No time for stupid disinfection unless the government wants to pay me overtime. They think I'm dumb? As for the dog boarding place, one would think that the chemical smell can't be too good for the health of the dogs boarding there, right?

happylily

I just checked on Damaris, to see how she and her DH did. I saw this on the race website:

Michelob ULTRA Chicago 13.1® Marathon

13.1 Marathon?