Beginners and Beyond

Hungover Sundailies (Read 60 times)

B-Plus

Where you all at?

Sleep. That's all I got.

happylily

Isn't it like 5:30 am in your world? What are you doing up? Go back to bed!

16 miles after my second cup of coffee. Then I will prepare my hanging flower baskets for the summer. Then beer and burgers. All the while anxiously waiting to hear about our friends' races today. Go, guys, go!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

'Sup G!

I have been up since around 5:30 ish just kind of chillin' out.  Getting ready to hit the asphalt for 4 miles here in a bit.

LRB

It's hard to sleep with a hangover, he probably needed a couple of aspirin to help with that bangin' headache.  lol

B-Plus

16 miles after my second cup of coffee. Then I will prepare my hanging flower baskets for the summer. Then beer and burgers. All the while anxiously waiting to hear about our friends' races today. Go, guys, go!

I was about too! But I'm gonna catch the end of the Ottawa marathon first:

http://marathon.isiglobal.ca/2014.html

B-Plus

'Sup G!

I have been up since around 5:30 ish just kind of chillin' out.  Getting ready to hit the asphalt for 4 miles here in a bit.

That's my plan as well - when I finally wake up.

StepbyStep-SH

About to leave for church and Sunday school, then I'll get something like 6-8 miles in on the trail before coming home to clean house. It is a disaster. I will reward myself by baking salted caramel pretzel brownies this evening to share with friends tomorrow. And possibly by having an adult beverage, though I've already been through a bottle of wine by myself the last two days.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD, although we might go out on a bike ride later.

Good luck to Phil!  Go, Baboon, Go! (He has passed the 10K mark, according to Le Facebook).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

brooklyn, bronx, queens and staten ... buffalo ny to the top of manhattan Smile
                    happylily

Phil is about 30 seconds behind my friend, who is a sub-3:15 runner.  There may be a BQ today for Phil!

happylily

brooklyn, bronx, queens and staten ... buffalo ny to the top of manhattan Smile

Sooo? Done already? Spill the beans!

happylily

Do you mean you are now qualified for NYCM? 

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I caught a little bit of the Ottawa marathon (thanks B for the link), and the guy was on pace for a Canadian record. I didn't catch it if he got it though.

Good luck racers! I'll just be doing yard work today.

- Andrew

B-Plus

I caught a little bit of the Ottawa marathon (thanks B for the link), and the guy was on pace for a Canadian record. I didn't catch it if he got it though.

Good luck racers! I'll just be doing yard work today.

Yemane Tseguay won in 2:06:53 or 54, a new course record and fastest time run on Canadian soil. Eric Gillis is the new Canadian marathon champion, with Vancouver runner Rob Watson in 2nd. 3 guys under 2:10.

Now sleep.

happylily

Excellent, B-Plus! It's not the easiest of courses and it is warm in that area this morning. Well done, Ottawa!

Phil has an overall pace of 7:42 at the 10 mile mark, so a tad faster than his goal. That is excellent. Youssef has a 7:08 pace. The guy is getting older, but continuously faster.