Beginners and Beyond

New approach to fat burning.... (Read 75 times)

Will run for scenery.

Last fall, right after I ran my first and only 50k, I took a little hiatus from running to heal up.  I tried to start up in November or so, but my feet (shoes ?) weren't ready.  And now, finally I'm just getting back into it.

So here's the thing.  When I ran the 50k, I signed up for a size medium.  The shirt was actually a pretty decent jersey by Salomon.  And it says 50k on it which is all that really matters. But there's something very strange about the fabric :  During the months I didn't wear it, it seems to have grown significantly smaller.  Especially in the mid-section.

What is kind of cool about this is that it rubs me right in the places where I suppose I could stand to lose a little fat.  They always say that there is no way to target specific areas for fat loss.  But "they" are wrong.  It turns out all I need to do is put this jersey on, warm up with some cardio, work up a good sweat, and then run on the treadmill, and the friction of the wet material starts to produce a heat and a chafing in exactly the right areas.  The heat and the chafing seem to be working.  It's kind of gradual, but I really do believe that if I keep wearing that jersey and using it as I've described, it is going to work wonders.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LRB

You are better than I, I will not even look at my blob!

Hip Redux

Ah, chafing the fat away.  Sounds... painful.

hugsy

It hasn't worked for my chubby inner thighs. Maybe I need that special fabric...Smile
          Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wish that worked for women....

Damaris

Little Blue

Is that similar to the machine the women used in the 60's?  There was a belt that they wrapped around the fat part, and it jiggled up and down.  I can remember going to the Vic Tanny (sp?) spa with my mother and seeing the women trying to jiggle their butts off, literally.

It sounds more like you're trying to sand it off.  Use a coarser grit.

LRB

It sounds more like you're trying to sand it off.  Use a coarser grit.

Or a sharper blade.  ;-)

happylily

Okay... EWWWW!!!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010