Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: It's time to get it crack-a-lackin' up in here (Read 41 times)

LRB

'Sup!

Core and strength for me this morning, you?

Good morning, everyone.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread.

After work, I'll do weights, push-ups, ab work, and cardio at the gym.

happylily

Good morning, LRB and Basya!

8 recovery miles for me after work. Nothing else to report. This week is recovery week on the Pfitz' schedule, yeah! 68 miles only. 

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

Sup! Headed for work.

5 miles tonight with weights and Pilates .

Some real life stuff to do tonight as well so will

fit in some spin miles if time allows.

14 more weeks to marathon as of yesterday.

7 weeks after that to half iron .

delicate flower

What do you say there, Cheetos!  Happy Monday!  HOORAY MONDAY!!  *happydance*

Well after a couple days of "Hey, that ain't so bad", we are back to single digit wind chills.  YAY.  Between that and some fresh ice on the roads, I'll be treadmilling it today.  I think my legs are back to normal, so I'll be looking to take advantage of that.

Alrighty now.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

SRD, with martial arts tonight.

And I'd love Baboon's single-digit windchils right now. Our air temp is -12*. This is getting ridiculous.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Undetermined amount of miles on tap for today, probably around 8.  But right now I need more coffee, a lot more coffee!

From yesterday:

I understand, it is all in the timing of the camera.  There was a series of shots of me passing the race photographer once where my thigh went from shredded beef to a big fat blob of lard.  lol

You have come a long way though, you are cut up like a mofo!

Yeah, I don't post the blob pictures. lol  Thanks!

Dave's shirt is untucked.  Good man.  That's how it's done.

It's one of my rules for life, along with never owning a pet that can kill me, a shirt may only be tucked in if it has a collar, period.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I ran a very slow 6.1 miles this morning, got home  just as the sun was rising and lighting up the sky. My calves are still really sore but I didn't really feel it during the run........ weird  I am definitely going to stretch and foam roll today, hopefully it's just soreness from running on ice and snow for the last 2 months. We  had a fresh powder of snow this morning, on top of ice so that was fun. Anyways, got 6.1 miles done in 1:09:30... blah and now time for coffee then back to bed and probably 5-6 sets of 300 Bicycle Crunches this evening.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Morning all.

SRD. Also my quads are sore.

Later I will get on a plane to fly to Oklahoma. No it is not a vacation.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  7 miles tonight.  No work today thanks to the fire.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Maffick : To celebrate exuberantly and boisterously

Appropriate, as today is my 60th birthday.  420 in dog years!   Gail had to work today, but I have the day off and actually am having a quiet birthday at home.  Probably a good thing as, after being near 80 degrees yesterday, the local weather is once again miserable with rain, wind, and cold.  Gail and I will go out to dinner after she gets home from work.    Meanwhile, I've been celebrating boisterously over the weekend with my running.   Did my 8th race on Saturday - https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/6e98e897e2a645c8930dce4709129273/resume#focus -  with friends at the San Antonio Rodeo, and then a very nice after-party.   Sunday morning, did nearly 4 miles of hills with some friends, and then we went to a pub later for drinks, very nice.

My daughter and her 3 daughters also sent me this card.  Very appropriate, lol

http://www.123greetings.com/send/view/02709014219145937236

This morning, got an unexpected present as one of the local Race Directors I know well 'comped' my entry into a 5K for next Sunday morning, sweet!  So that will be a busy running weekend for me:  a 5K at 8 a.m. on Saturday, followed by another one at 9 a.m. (the start /finish lines of each race are only 8/10 of a mile from each other) and then the 5K on Sunday.  Weather is supposed to be great this coming weekend too...sunny, 50s on both mornings, low 80s later in the day.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

Happy birthday, Scotty!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with the core and strength, LRB!

Doesn't pushup count as cardio work too, Basya?  It sure does for me, I'm breathing pretty hard after doing pushups, lol.

Happy recovery miles, Lily.  Will these be outside miles or TM miles?  Hope your weather is getting more cooperative!

5 miles tonight with weights and Pilates  Dang, Beth, you are Super Woman, running 5 miles with weights and doing pilates too as you run! 

Yeah, thanks, Phil, for sharing your weather  ...every time that "polar blast' goes on up North, it pushes some of that colder air down our way!  And we were enjoying sunshine and 80 yesterday!  Well, we are not as cold as y'all, but even so, a 50 degree drop in temp - we're in the upper 30s this morning - is pretty chilling for us.    Wishing you a strong run today!

-12!  Dang, Step!  Can you just please 'martial arts' kick-the-crap outta Mother Nature and make her behave!

Good luck, D2, with your undetermined amount of miles!

Congrats to you and Rocky on your miles, FreeSoul.  That sounds like a very scenic sunrise for two of you to enjoy.   300 bicycle crunches!

yahoo not worthy smiley

Save travel, DaveP!  Sorry about the sore quads.  Hope your flight is a short one!  If not, get up a lot and walk around if you can to help the quads and avoid DVT.

Fire?  I must've missed something, Damaris.  Glad you are okay.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Mmmmm...beer

Later I will get on a plane to fly to Oklahoma. No it is not a vacation.

That goes without saying, who goes on vacation to Oklahoma?  

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Happy birthday Scotty!

Caught a bug over the weekend, so the LR I pushed off to Sunday never materialized. Man I felt like crap. By last night my fever (of 102) had broken and I actually started to shed layers of clothes after wearing them all day. I was apprehensive about my run this morning. It went ok, my calves were a little sore surprisingly. All in all I did 5 miles on the TM at an Easy pace.

I needed to come in to work, if not I definitely would have stayed home. I'm up against a deadline at the end of this week, so I need to get some stuff done that is much slower from home. My plan is to do that stuff and if I get done before I normally leave for the day, then I'll just leave early and go home.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew