Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday <<High Energy>> Penguins (Read 33 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Energized Penguins!

Yesterday was a serious rest day where I performed a record number of couch intervals - they were tough but do-able and I couldn't skip them because they are in my plan! The snow fizzled into a light rain. Nice visit with Mom and Dad.

Let the day begin!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning colony!

Great job on the couch intervals Gustav! Big grin

AFM, 7 miles done this morning in the cold darkness, spring really needs to get here, I'm ready for it to be warm!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I barely slept, I still have a kitty in the hospital, and she was not very happy.  8 with strides tonight if I can.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Gus, Dave, and Damaris.  Short run today, hopefully on the bike path.  One more LR before the HR.  DD in 3 rd week  of her European adventure.  6 to go.

Have a great day !!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning.

Glad you got those couch intervals done Gustav lol

Dave I agree. Running in the snow/cold rain mix yesterday officially put my over the edge with winter. I'm OVER it.

Damaris I hope Trixie starts feeling better!

Jerry I hope DD is having an awesome time. That's a long European adventure and I am sure she will never forget it!! Have a good run later.

AFM-Switching a bunch of running around this week. I am leaving for a little vacation tomorrow. I'm driving to my boyfriend's in MD tomorrow (after I run) and then Thursday morning we are driving down to Williamsburg, VA. Today I'm trying to get a bunch of odds and ends done. I am going to a spin class at 10:15 though.

Have a good Tuesday!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Kristin, have a nice vacation.  Maybe get some warm weather runs in.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Kristin, have a nice vacation.  Maybe get some warm weather runs in.

I was hopeful of this...but they're in a cold snap currently. It is 30 degrees there right now Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good morning Penguins!  A little chilly this morning in San Antonio at 41 degrees.  Our high today will only be 68.  Maybe I should move to Miami, so I get all that heat and humidity Damaris gets, cuz I really hate this 'cold' weather, when it drops below 50 degrees. Big grin  Today  will be about 4 miles, but haven't decided yet which of my many available running locations (I have around 100 routes here in San Antonio) that I will do today.   Last night I started signing up for my April events, with my first one of the month being:   A 5K - "or is it?" as the race flyer asks.. Big grin - on April 1st  (Monday) at 6 PM, the Happy April Fool's Day 5K.  The race is at a park that is about a mile from my house, which is convenient.

Last night I was doing crunches at home on one of those exercise balls. I am not too 'stable' with stationary things, let alone objects that move/roll.  So when I went into the back position for one of them, I lost my balance, rolled backwards over the ball..the ball then rolled over me....one of my cats thought this was great and it was playtime and jumped down from the couch onto the ball and then onto me as I was getting up, causing me to "klutz' again, and I fell backwards on the ball and 'bounced' off it and hit the floor again.  Of course Gail, watching all this, thought it was funny as hell, and was laughing her head off.   From the expression on the cat's face, I think she was laughing too!  Yes, I 'personify' the word Klutz. Joking

Way to go on the couch intervals, Gustav.

Congrats on the 7 miles, Dave!  Darkness?  You didn't have that crazy looking big ball of a moon to light your way?

Sorry the kitty is still in the hospital, Damaris.  Good luck with your strides tonite.

Happy running, Jerry, and good luck with the half.    Hope your daughter is enjoying her European adventure!  And doesn't come home with a surprise for you...like a European son-in-law..   Wink

Safe trip, Kristin!  Williamsburg is great, used to go there all the time when I was growing up in Virginia. Colonial Williamsburg was one of my favorite places.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hahahahhahaha Scotty this story made my morning

Good morning Penguins!  A little chilly this morning in San Antonio at 41 degrees.  Our high today will only be 68.  Maybe I should move to Miami, so I get all that heat and humidity Damaris gets, cuz I really hate this 'cold' weather, when it drops below 50 degrees. Big grin  Today  will be about 4 miles, but haven't decided yet which of my many available running locations (I have around 100 routes here in San Antonio) that I will do today.   Last night I started signing up for my April events, with my first one of the month being:   A 5K - "or is it?" as the race flyer asks.. Big grin - on April 1st  (Monday) at 6 PM, the Happy April Fool's Day 5K.  The race is at a park that is about a mile from my house, which is convenient.

Last night I was doing crunches at home on one of those exercise balls. I am not too 'stable' with stationary things, let alone objects that move/roll.  So when I went into the back position for one of them, I lost my balance, rolled backwards over the ball..the ball then rolled over me....one of my cats thought this was great and it was playtime and jumped down from the couch onto the ball and then onto me as I was getting up, causing me to "klutz' again, and I fell backwards on the ball and 'bounced' off it and hit the floor again.  Of course Gail, watching all this, thought it was funny as hell, and was laughing her head off.   From the expression on the cat's face, I think she was laughing too!  Yes, I 'personify' the word Klutz. Joking

Way to go on the couch intervals, Gustav.

Congrats on the 7 miles, Dave!  Darkness?  You didn't have that crazy looking big ball of a moon to light your way?

Sorry the kitty is still in the hospital, Damaris.  Good luck with your strides tonite.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

On the road again already.  I too am over winter.  Two decades of driving in snow without incident, but yesterday I put the car in a ditch twice to avoid collisions.

I am recovering well.  I might hit the hotel TM tonight, and see how that goes.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On the road again already.  I too am over winter.  Two decades of driving in snow without incident, but yesterday I put the car in a ditch twice to avoid collisions.

I am recovering well.  I might hit the hotel TM tonight, and see how that goes.

Dang, Awood!

That does not sound like fun.  Maybe you should think of a 4-letter word for that situation:  M-O-V-E!!!! Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yikes awood be safe

Bin Running

Prett chatty grp today.

6M w/ 2 @ goal which is 8:15.  Enjoying avocado with vanilla ice-cream and milk blended.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Have fun. Where are you going?

I was hopeful of this...but they're in a cold snap currently. It is 30 degrees there right now Sad

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page