Beginners and Beyond

2013in2013 - go check your data (Read 512 times)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Too late to get in on this?

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

aponi

never runs the tangents

So a couple of years ago my department moved from the old building into the new building. At first it was a bit of an adjustment, we were on the 42nd floor so everyone's ears popped in the elevator. We had some issues with the microwaves not working and some of the fancy automatic lights that were supposed to know when someone wanted them to come on would go on and off and random. Then over time things settled down. The lights and wiring for the microwaves were fixed and we don't think about the ear popping thing in the elevator anymore.

Now when we have to go to the old building for a meeting or something it seems so dark and oppressive. There is a musty smell that we never noticed when we were there every day.

Can't quite put a finger on it but something about checking my data just now reminded me of this.

hmmm

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

catwhoorg

Labrat

Mine is correct.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

Too late to get in on this?

I'm not sure when the last day to signup is anymore.  The signups are at runnersworld.com in the beginners forum.  I'd tell you the date cut-off but I can't see it at work.

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

lilflute86

I finally made my way over here. Smile

Looks good. Thanks for doing this! 

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

What a busy week at work.  I was busy this week putting an estimate together for some upcoming work for my company with our client.  Gonna spend about 5 million of our clients money over the next few months on this project.  And it isn't even the biggest project we are doing for them right now.

I should have the list updated tonight and posted over at RWOL provided the website cooperates.  This week is the final sign up week and with any luck we will have the teams sliced up by the weekend so everyone can start getting comfortable with the new teams.  I will add these words of caution that with the recent problems I don't know how much of a blood bath the teams will see in the first few weeks with non-posters.  This was a concern for hosting here or over on RWOL as well.  My fear is that 1 of the teams gets destroyed with the blood bath of non-posters and we are forced to re-level the teams.  Just putting that out now to let you know it might happen.  We want to avoid this but we also don't want a team to be defeated for the year in week 3.  Been there done that myself AND it makes for a very crappy year for the teams.

Don't call me Buttercup!

Thanks for doing all this, Doug! 

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

runmomto3boys

Thanks, Doug! 

hog4life

Mine is correct. I just want to say thank you Doug and Angela, you guys rock by working so hard to keep this going.
                    EpiRunr

If you want to change your screen name then that is entirely up to you.  We just need to know what you are gonna go with for the game as there are too many to remember who is what and where.  We have a macro built into the excel file that does all the data mining so it is intelligently dumb.  If you miss a letter in your name or use a period rather than a comma to separate the data then it will not grab the data.

Use what ever name you want and just let us know so the data base is correct.

Alright, I'll use EpiRunr if it's not too much of a problem!  That way it will all make sense once the transition is made.  Thank you for all of this, I love the miles game!

ok, here are my stupid questions for the day.

1- What day are we starting with? (Jan 1st is a tuesday) so do we just log a partial week?

2- What day do we need to log our miles in by? (monday at noon)

C- Where do we log our miles? (is it a site like the winter miles game)

sorry if this has been answered several times already.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

T-Rod, yeah the game will begin on Jan 1st so it will be a Tuesday through Sunday for the first week so just 6 days.

Mileage reporting thread will get posted on Sunday and you have until noon central time zone on Wednesday to get posted.  12:01 PM central will be considered late.  We go by the post time stamp.

Logging miles for now will happen over at RWOL.

Thanks for all your hard work, Doug.

I would like to revise my mileage goal from 1700 to 1500.   Should I repost my data in the rwol thread?

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

QuirkyOne

The former Kelly728

I need to drop down to 600 miles for my goal.  My body hates me so I'm keeping my miles low this year.  Where should I post the change?