Beginners and Beyond

For those planning to run Chicago 2014 (Read 101 times)

It is a well organized event buoyed by the fact that you can park five minutes from the start line.  I passed on the custard and chose the New Holland craft beer instead!

#%&@!! How'd I miss that??? Oh yeah, I was too busy dry heaving.

Dave

LRB

#%&@!! How'd I miss that??? Oh yeah, I was too busy dry heaving.

I could barely stand and just happened to take a break from walking right in front of the tap!  What about the chili, surely you had some of that?  I think I went beer, pickles and ice cream.  lol

workinprogress11

Lots of good suggestions for me to check out. Thanks all!

B-Plus

Don't take a superlong 2.5 month break after like I did. Such a PITA to get going again 

Runshortii

Was thinking of running Chicago in the fall for my first, but eh..Now I'm thinking about running Lakefront. It's only 80 dollars, and only 30 minutes from my house and I won't need to get a hotel or deal with a logistical nightmare. Plus I don't really feel like waiting until April to know if I got into Chicago or not.

I saw someone recommended the Wisconsin Marathon in May. I've heard good things about that one as well, it's actually about 2 miles from my house. It's a small marathon, but very flat and well run from what I've heard.