Beginners and Beyond

Hello, everyone! (Read 244 times)

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

As it seems customary to give an introduction in this forum, I thought I would drop a line to say hello to everyone and to introduce myself.  I've been lurking and occasionally posting on RA and RWOL for a few weeks.  I just recently started to run this fall (in September) and will run my first half marathon this weekend.  I plan to keep building my base and hopefully will run my first full this summer!

I live in Nashville and am a former musician and current law student.  Mostly did team sports in my younger years but decided to take up running to have something to do together with my girlfriend, to get in better shape, and to take on a new challenge.  I've become a little nutty/obsessed with the sport since starting. 

I've enjoyed reading and learning from y'all over the past few weeks and I look forward interacting with and getting to know you all better!

Thanks!

-Matt

Sloooow.

Hola, Buchy Smile

Welcome!  Good luck with your training.  You will get a lot of information here so feel free to ask any questions!

Welcome, good luck in your half this weekend.

muppy

Welcome Buchy, good luck in your half and I agree that running is a bit "compulsive"! In a good way I think?

delicate flower

Hideeo ho, buchy!  Welcome aboard!

Also, based on their avatars right above me, I assume irishguy and Run Muppy shop at the same store. 

<3

Docket_Rocket

Welcome!Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

not lazy, just tired

Welcome buchy, and good luck on your half! Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Not if it makes sense.

Mostly harmless

Yay, another newbie. Welcome.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Jess runs for bacon

Hello and welcome!

runmomto3boys

Hi, Matt - welcome!

Howdy

Welcome

Good luck on your race.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Mmmmm...beer

I'm not sure how well you're going to fit in Matt, none of us here are obsessed with running. Joking

Welcome to the madness! Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Hi!

Damn, I guess I should get around to my introduction at some point too :P.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Welcome, Matt!

Another runner from Tennessee!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54