Beginners and Beyond

Wacky Wednesday Penguins (Read 27 times)

Docket_Rocket

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I did 7 with 2 @ MP this morning.  73 dewpoint, bah.

Jimmy, nice bracelets.  Thanks for taking care of this.  I cannot wait until my 2-3 bracelets (I don't even recall the amount!) get here!  Will do lots of races with them and with Jenny's.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

There's the Penguins thread!!

Dragged my lazy butt out of bed for 3 miles easy pace with strides in the last mile.

Have a great day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

good morning friends

knocked out 4 miles this am. started some laundry after my run so that I can have some clean clothes for my trip this weekend. Smile

make today great

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

fitfatboy

More cowbell!

Mornin penguins!

Rode into work this morning.  13+ miles on the black and pink Trek.  Riding as part of mini-taper for Cap City HM Saturday.  Temp of mid 50s was perfect.  Had a little burst of speed when 4 Canadian geese flew directly overhead in perfect bombing formation.  I've been hit by those @#$%'s while running before.  Riding up to where DW works this afternoon so we can ride home together.

Can't wait to get the bracelets Jimmy.  Thanks again for heading that up.

Where you going this weekend T-Rod?

STILL HAVING FUN!!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Docket: I agree!!

Kristin: sorry, but you are not lazy!

T-rod: an early "good luck" to you.

"hi" to everyone else.

As for me, I will do an easy three or four later tonight. My legs are getting better and the soreness is ebbing. Finally.

Bin Running

Easy 5M done. Was to 7-8M but DW and DS dropped by the track and I knew I just had to stop.

Today is labour day in my country but I need to work a few hours.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Dad on the run.

Hello everyone! Wanted to run lastnight but my sister had a band concert at school, it was pretty awesome. Their band instructor is amazing. Kinda glad I didn't get to run as my calves are still a little tender from the 3 mile five finger run, lol.

Going to do some speed work tonight. I already have a goal for my debut half in November and I'm going to make sure that I'm ready!

This Month marks our one year runiversary! I can't beleive we have already been doing this for a year now!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Zelanie

Morning, penguins!  Got 3 on the schedule for after work today.  Hoping for another successful run.  I don't feel the knee at all, but figure it's still better to stop when I'm feeling good.

DH put up a bird feeder over the weekend, and the birds are going crazy for it.  We've already had to refill it once.  There are quite a few birds on it already this morning.

Damaris- Glad you were able to get some MP miles in!

Kristin- Good job getting up for your run!

T-rod- Sounds like you will be well prepared!  From your question yesterday, some teachers at my school are visiting other bilingual schools in the area this spring to try to get some good ideas.

FFB- Sounds like great XT!  Hope you enjoy the ride home with DW!

Jack- Glad you're already feeling better!

Bin- Enjoy the day!  Sorry you have to go in to work, boo!

Zelanie

Jimmy- Happy runniversary!

One Half So Far

Mornin, amigos.  Will do 5ish today after work. Still not on any kind of plan...hoping to hear from a guy who does half training this time of year about getting in with a group.

Damaris: Is there a threshhold where the dew point is ok for your asthma?  Or is it a combo of that and the temperature?

Kristin: Grats on the 3.

Tomas: Yay for multi-tasking

Fit: You have a tri coming up any time soon?  Or do you just bike and swim for cross-training? I've been kinda looking in that direction for a couple years down the road (when I can afford to get a suitable bike).

Jack: Yay on the recovery Smile

Bin: Stopping for the family is a good idea.

Jimmy: Happy anniversary!  And those bracelets look good.  How does one get hold of one?

Zel: Yay on being back out.  Babying the knee is a good thing.

Hoping my run today feels good.  Have a 5-miler coming up in a month and I owe that course a payback from last year.\

Hope the day finds you healthy and happy.

~Jeff~

PR: 5K 26:34 (Would have been faster if I hadn't had to tie my shoe), 5M: 43:10, 10K: 54:51. First HM 4/14/13 2:03:23

6/1: Moonlight 5M, Springfield 43:10

7/4 Butte to Butte 10K, Eugene

7/21 Run in the Country HM, Coburg

Another HM sometime in October or November.  Several to choose from.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  SRD for me today, although if I'm smart I will do yoga tonight.  I went upstairs to bed just a little before DH last night, and by the time he got there (about 20 minutes later) I was completely out.  I never heard him come in, or fold the laundry, or crawl into bed!  I have a 2-hour meeting today at 1:00, though, so hopefully I wake up!

Docket -- I think you need a portable personal dehumidifier!!

kristin -- woo-hoo for your and your lazy butt running!!

T-rod -- Laundry, it's never-ending!!  But clean clothes are nice for a trip.

fitfat -- glad you weren't bombed by the geese!!

Jack -- glad your soreness is going away!!

Bin -- glad you stopped for the family!!

jblack -- don't you know you're supposed to ease into those??  Nice bracelets!!

Zelanie -- I need to fill our feeder, but then Chewbacca lurks there for snacks.  And I feel bad that I'm basically just putting out bait for the poor things.  I feel so guilty when Chewie shows up at the door all smug with a mouthful of bird.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

JDrumm -- good luck on your 5 tonight!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

We are thinking that ours might be a bit low for that reason.  We'll have to keep an eye on it.  At this rate, the birds will be too fat to fly away!

Zelanie -- I need to fill our feeder, but then Chewbacca lurks there for snacks.  And I feel bad that I'm basically just putting out bait for the poor things.  I feel so guilty when Chewie shows up at the door all smug with a mouthful of bird.

Docket_Rocket

Any dewpoint above 70 makes my asthma worse.  Our average dewpoint for the year is 76.  So I am fucked.

Mornin, amigos.  Will do 5ish today after work. Still not on any kind of plan...hoping to hear from a guy who does half training this time of year about getting in with a group.

Damaris: Is there a threshhold where the dew point is ok for your asthma?  Or is it a combo of that and the temperature?

Kristin: Grats on the 3.

Tomas: Yay for multi-tasking

Fit: You have a tri coming up any time soon?  Or do you just bike and swim for cross-training? I've been kinda looking in that direction for a couple years down the road (when I can afford to get a suitable bike).

Jack: Yay on the recovery Smile

Bin: Stopping for the family is a good idea.

Jimmy: Happy anniversary!  And those bracelets look good.  How does one get hold of one?

Zel: Yay on being back out.  Babying the knee is a good thing.

Hoping my run today feels good.  Have a 5-miler coming up in a month and I owe that course a payback from last year.\

Hope the day finds you healthy and happy.

~Jeff~

Damaris

Fundraising Page