Beginners and Beyond

Thtupid-early Thursday Penguins! (Read 25 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!).

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Meh.  Gotta run to my meeting!  See y'all after lunch!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

Morning, RD for me today because I need it...

Zelanie

Morning!  8 easy in a bit- last run in Costa Rica.  Then I am on a bus heading to the south.

Bin Running

Morning, Hopesmom, PAD and Mel.

Mel, safe trip home.

10.5 with 7@HM. Now, my legs are tired.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I'm getting into this running Tues-Wed-Thurs, 3 days in a row thing.  Then I run Saturday and Sunday to get in 5 days a week.  I've been doing the 3-days-in-a-row thing now for 3 weeks and my back is still feeling good, so that's a blessing.  Will continue this schedule as long as I feel good enough to do it.    So today I was up again for the third day in a row at 5 a.m. and headed off to the university campus.  Did an easy 3.1 miles.  Shhhhh....don't tell Damaris, but......temp in San Antonio this morning was only 71 degrees and the dew-point was at 62.....SWEEEEET!   Of course that won't last, now the sun is fully up, it will start getting hot really quickly.    We hit 102 degrees yesterday.  Today, a bit cooler at 99 degrees - but it will 'feel like' 103 - so still pretty darn hot.  I guess Mother Nature has taken a bit of pity on us and is allowing us some low dew-point mornings before the heat arrives.  I'll take it!

Nice to be back at work from vacation, isn't it, HsM?

Hope your RD helps you out, PAD.

Hope your last run went well, Zelanie!  Heading South?  You're being deported?    Cuz wouldn't home be North of Costa Rica?

Peppermint Foot and Leg lotion, Vince....great stuff for tired legs!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pilates done. 7 miles later, most likely on the mill (unless the temps go down).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Morning, RD for me today because I need it...

Sounds like a plan PAD.

I suspect next week the group training will have the same warmup and include a 1000m pressure run. (It is 'fun' I keep telling myself). Coach is doing light workouts for now.

Zelanie

Too funny, Scotty!  I have to go south and pick up the kids who are down in coffee country and bring them back up on the bus.  6 hours down today, 6 hours back up tomorrow, and then to a hostel for the night.  Our actual flight is Saturday afternoon.

My run is done- a total of 343.2 miles in just under 8 weeks.  61 hours running, 32 of them on the treadmill.  I had two falls (in the same spot!), and ran one half marathon.

The track:

The gym:

The treadmill, or a good place to watch people play "portón frogger" as they move their cars in and out along a busy street.  There is a view of the downtown skyline to the left, but it's hard to look left and run forwards:

The park with the half-mile loop around the hill.  Or you could run up the hill, but I didn't!  There was another mile loop, but not as pretty, across the bridge.

The sidewalk.  The bad sidewalks I knew to be careful on, this innocent looking spot is where I feel twice.  See the spot where it goes up just a bit?  Neither did I.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins.

RD for me.  I'm still having a bit of trouble breathing. Sad

Scotty, your weather sounds great.  Here in SoCal it's usually about 68-70 when I run on summer mornings. Smile  Enjoy it!

Zel, same question as Scotty!  Where are you headed?  Home is North. (North is Up).

(Oh, I see you just posted the same moment I did.  Safe travels!)

SheCan

Morning everyone!

Glad everyone is getting some good runs in.

Bin-- it sounds like your training for the HM is going well.

Zel-  awesome job on your last CR run.  Geez @ the falls.  I'm glad you at least didn't break anything.  That's quite a bus ride.  Hope you get a window seat so you can enjoy the scenery.

Scotty-- nice morning temps today-- of course, when you have to get up at 5 a.m. its not quite as nice.    Glad you're doing so so well and getting in all these runs.

Runs lately have been hit or miss.  Tuesday's run was 8-1/2 awesome miles.  Today was not so easy, but I managed to get 3-1/2.  It was really nice and cool, a little muggy though.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Singer who runs a smidge

I'm back, and now I have successfully faculty retreated.  I'll probably leave around 4:30 today since I have chorus tonight and I got here early, so hooray!  And I found out that my major instrument purchase funding is "likely", so it's time to start thinking about exactly where to put it, etc.  Fun stuff!!

PADRunner

Sounds like a plan PAD.

I suspect next week the group training will have the same warmup and include a 1000m pressure run. (It is 'fun' I keep telling myself). Coach is doing light workouts for now.

Yea I may need to cut down to 5 days a week. especially if one of them is a double...

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good morning Penguins.

RD for me.  I'm still having a bit of trouble breathing. Sad

Scotty, your weather sounds great.  Here in SoCal it's usually about 68-70 when I run on summer mornings. Smile  Enjoy it!

Zel, same question as Scotty!  Where are you headed?  Home is North. (North is Up).

(Oh, I see you just posted the same moment I did.  Safe travels!)

Well, you take my breath away too when I see you!           Hope you feel better!

Damaris Legs, Brilliant Legs, SheCan Legs, etc....so many Great Legs penguins...so little time to CHASE!   SIGH......  

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yeah, Damaris, when your temps go down.....

In spite of the crappy sidewalks - kinda like here in Texas, ours are cracking all the time from the heat - looks like you had some nice places to run, Zelanie.

Sly, are your temps up there in North Texas as crazy as down here in South Texas?  Good luck with the PM running then!

Well, Cherie, with Arizona weather, you just have to do what you can when you can take advantage of it!  You've been doing really well for running in "desert' heat areas.   I'm happy you are not in Phoenix, though...their actual-temp highs for the PM have been just dang CRAZY lately!  I've got a good runner friend out there...I don't how how he copes!