Beginners and Beyond

So what the hell is (Read 1027 times)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

No, but I think the perception of some of the members was that it was chock full of carebears and rainbows. Smile

xor

No, but I think the perception of some of the members was that it was chock full of carebears and rainbows. Smile

Internal to the group, maybe.

External to the group?  Actually, I've rethought my previous post a little.  Yeah, it was fun to lurk the High Drama which always breaks out here.  At the same time, you did/do have the reputation for carebears in certain ways... lots of 'attaboy/girl' posts, tons and tons of smileys especially hearts, the interesting way that people will reply (nicely and kindly, which is cool... just different) to every single previous post in their threads, etc... the carebear stuff comes from that.  But it is an interesting contrast to the High Drama.

Anyway.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Yeah, there was some of that...but like I said, the boogeyman was always lurking in the closet. Or maybe it was actually that freaky Leprechaun from the cheesy horror flicks?

Quote from T-rod on 11/29/2012 at 4:45 PM:

scrape- in south texas we have good swimmers and jumpers too.

BTW- sorry for wishing that the 6'5 wrestler dude would punch you in the face back in the other place. 

I wish BCR would have been there to see that thread. 

I feel I missed a special moment between the two of you.  I don't think it is something I would have cared to get in the middle of though. 

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
          • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
          • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

BRING BACK BCR!

Seriously, I think he'll do just fine in this land of carebears and rainbows. 

I'm sorry is this the land of carebears and rainbows or is that the "Letters and Opinions" forum?   I'm getting confused.  BTW - who came up with that name.  Could you change it to something cool so I can consider joining that group.  You sound like an entertaining group but I don't plan to write any letters.  I will give my opinion quite a bit though.   Most likely you will find it worthless.  I mostly only care about entertaining myself and every once in a while helping someone out in the running world as part of my give back to running program. 

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
            • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
            • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
            daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Seriously, the BF was never the land of carebears and rainbows. Never. For all the niceties that were exchanged, there was always a boogeyman lurking in the closet waiting to rip someone's head off.

Yeah, there's definitely some people who like to do that.....or wreak havoc by causing a ton of drama and then conveniently disappear...or pick fights with people when they're the ones that asked for advice in the first place.

And a metric shit ton of people lurk BF just to watch the drama.

Guilty as charged, but at least I do post every so often.  Smile