Beginners and Beyond

RWBF hit bad by SPAM again (Read 189 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The spam appears to be gone now, if that isn't an oxymoronic statement. I keep a Miles Game team thread there for those who don't want to move to RA and follow one thread in the 5K, 10K, HM Training forum that I subscribe to so I get emails when anyone posts. Sometimes I will quickly scan page 1 threads in BF and respond if any interest me.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

RSX

I started a wiseass post about it over there and 1 person responded.

MrNamtor

The mods here can abuse you.  You shall only ask.

Interesting offer! What will you be wearing?

Interesting offer! What will you be wearing?

This could be good.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

MrNamtor

This could be good.

You're thinking like i am T-rod

Docket_Rocket

Why should I do the work myself when I have other mods to do it?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Because you are the only puerto rican lady that I know with great legs that drops the f-bombs in that special way. Big grin

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

I warned a new user over there at the  height of the the spam attack yesterday.... about the spam there and sort of hijacked the whole thread. That made for some interesting reply's. I figure I might as well warn new users about the spam.

I really do like the fact that new runners are always posting in beginners and I thought I would go back for awhile since I have not seen any spam for awhile. The first week I go back there is this spam attack that is typical and I have about had it!  The only way to fight back I see is to warn new users.  So on the Intro thread I posted a warning.

Some of the reply's.....Rants and Raves is supposed to be the complaints forum according to Mr Beta tester Moth. Really!!!! I think  Rants and Raves is  for politics and religion plus whatever floats your boat. Not a direct line forum that the admin reads for sight improvements!

The whole frustration  for me is the fact that the admin does not seem to care!!! First there was slow forums that lasted years then spam and other site loses. You really don't hear any feedback from the mods.

MrNamtor

Ah yes, forgot how Machiavellian  you are. What's next, everyone in the group will be buying you donuts?

Docket_Rocket

Doh.  You didn't get the memo?

Ah yes, forgot how Machiavellian  you are. What's next, everyone in the group will be buying you donuts?

Dave, he does get testy when we try to bring more people here or criticize RWOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RW was useful in it's day, I don't discount that.  But, for the previous couple of years, the users have begged for changes, only to be told that they were working on it.  Blah.  I got an invite to be one of the alpha testers for the new forum, I didn't even bother to respond.  That's been a couple of months ago, and nothing has changed.  And when it does, zzzzzz.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

RSX

I warned a new user over there at the  height of the the spam attack yesterday.... about the spam there and sort of hijacked the whole thread. That made for some interesting reply's. I figure I might as well warn new users about the spam.

I really do like the fact that new runners are always posting in beginners and I thought I would go back for awhile since I have not seen any spam for awhile. The first week I go back there is this spam attack that is typical and I have about had it!  The only way to fight back I see is to warn new users.  So on the Intro thread I posted a warning.

Some of the reply's.....Rants and Raves is supposed to be the complaints forum according to Mr Beta tester Moth. Really!!!! I think  Rants and Raves is  for politics and religion plus whatever floats your boat. Not a direct line forum that the admin reads for sight improvements!

The whole frustration  for me is the fact that the admin does not seem to care!!! First there was slow forums that lasted years then spam and other site loses. You really don't hear any feedback from the mods.

Newbies who complain in R&R usually get taken to the wood shed. Half of them get piled on by the diminishing crowd left and I never see their posts again. I go there occasionally but not much.

happylily

This could be good.

You men can have mod Damaris in her cat outfit. I'll go with mods LTH and LRB. I hear the first one is good with pain and I'd love to see the second one in leather pants. Now let the abuse begin! Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

You men can have mod Damaris in her cat outfit. I'll go with mods LTH and LRB. I here the first one is good with pain and I'd love to see the second one in leather pants. Now let the abuse begin! Big grin

I actually have a pair of those...loose fitting of course.

happylily

I actually have a pair of those...loose fitting of course.

Picture, please? And no need to wear anything on top. Please, please, pretty please!  Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010