Beginners and Beyond

Punny Saturdailies (Read 38 times)

Hip Redux

What's up runner folks?

LRB

Nice! 

Just B.S.

Organizing/packing  our tri crap/travel/rest day. Meeting friends for group dinner tonight.

Oly tri tomorrow. Start  time air temps for 8 am swim start predicted @ 53f. Smile

LRB

I hit the track this morning: 3 easy + 400 meters at tempo pace + 3 X 1000 at 5k pace.

Really tough workout and one that was cut short as I have to be in Richmond Indiana at noon.

I will check back in from the road, bye!

happylily

Oski, lol!!! Well done. 

Guess what? I haven't run in 6 days now and I'm still alive.  I finally have no pain anywhere, for the first time in years. The back feels strong again and the knees feel fresh. And I haven't turned into a huge potato, even though I've been eating like I'm pregnant with triplets. But now that I feel so good, I can't wait to go back to training. I signed up for another race at the end of July. I'm going to nail this thing once and for all. We're driving home today and tomorrow also, it's a 12 hour drive and we like to stop at different pubs along the way. It was 55F with rain and high winds the whole time we were here. We had to use the fireplace each time we got back to the cottage. What the heck is happening to this planet?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

It was 55F with rain and high winds the whole time we were here. We had to use the fireplace each time we got back to the cottage. What the heck is happening to this planet?

Not the planet, that's just the Maritimes version of spring and we have had a extra cold, windy, wet spring

to go along with the winter from hell Smile   We have had 3 warm days and the day of our (yours/mine/hubbys)

marathon was one of those, go figure.

But today is the first day of summer (and my baby's 23rd birthday) so there is hope.

Thank goodness for wet suits otherwise I would have hypothermia coming out of the water tomorrow

morning. Smile  We swam in a lake last Sunday and I came out all purple with hives. Smile

I know you probably aren't coming through Freddy but the race is at Killarney Lake from 8-12 tomorrow

morning, just in case you want to pop by. Smile   Drive safely. P.S. saw the photo of Esmee, can I borrow her

sometime? gorgeous!

Love this boy so much don't know why my heart doesn't burst. Happy Birthday Lucas!

Lily, he is fluently bilingual so you can speak to him in French when we visit. Smile

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I hit the track this morning: 3 easy + 400 meters at tempo pace + 3 X 1000 at 5k pace.

Really tough workout and one that was cut short as I have to be in Richmond Indiana at noon.

I will check back in from the road, bye!

Oh yeah I recall workouts like that a couple of months back.  They will beat yours ass down and you will love it... After.

10 miler + strides done - 73 dewpoint - damn this sounds familiar...

strides pushed average pace and HR up a little :  7:54 @  144 HR average. Had 3.5 hours last night and could tell on the run...

have a great Saturday and kill those races !

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  8 tonight or SRD.  Off to do errands and I hope to come back so I can run but we'll see.

Lily, glad to hear the rest has been going well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Nice! 

I learn from the best.  Big grin

Today is going to be a gorgeous, beautiful day.  And I get to spend it in the car driving to Massachusetts for family stuff.  Why can't these things happen on dismal, cloudy days?   

LRB

Why can't these things happen on dismal, cloudy days?   

I am currently somewhere on I-75 in a sit-still with the sun beaming down on me like a vampire in a torture chamber.  Needless to say I am going to be later than a mutha f*cka!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.2. Now at puppy pool. Long week of  12 to 14 hour work days. Glad to be home. We are at puppy pool now.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hope everyone has been doing well. What did I miss?  Anything exciting?

Marjorie

delicate flower

Hi!  Happy Saturday!  8 easy miles with the MtnBikerChk done.  9.5 last night and 8 this morning...my legs are tired.  Want more though!  Errands and misc STUFF the rest of the day.

<3

B-Plus

10 soon..

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Enjoyed a nice 2.8 mile run with Dorian and Jumpstart. Sunny, some clouds... 73 degrees and a little humid but not bad thankfully.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)