Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES - From Here To Eternity (Read 185 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

RD for me today. My office's Christmas party is tonight from 5-10 so they're dismissing us at 3 to have time to get ready. It's a big fancy cocktail/suit party and it's always a lot of fun. I have to behave though, because I plan on meeting my running group tomorrow morning. Then my running group's Christmas party is tomorrow night. Fun but busy weekend!

Jess, are you coming to the group tomorrow morning?

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Worse part about the migraine is that I have to be in front of a judge that does not like my office (or the positions we take).  This is going to be fun...not.

urgh - so I guess migrane induced vomit infront of him/her will not help your case?

Feel better (I feel your pain).

It is Friday indeed!  We are skiing this weekend.  Although I'm not sure you can really call it skiing when 100% of the snow is manmade.  I'm just hoping to not get bored on the 3 trails that will likely be open.  They call it 15 trails but it's really 3 with 5 connectors.  I'm on to their marketing game!

Have a good Friday all and a great weekend!

Ball of Fury

Morning all!  I struggled through 5 slow miles this morning...around 10:00/mile.  My legs are just dead....working almost 70 hours this week is probably not helping!

Weezer:  DH said he saw someone coming out of North this morning in yellow shorts...I figured it must be you!!  I wore 2 pair of tights and 2 layers on top and was still a little cold.  What group do you run with?  I have thought about trying to find a group for occasional long runs!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

B-Plus

Good morning again! I ran 3.2 @ 9:38. In the course of doing so, I surpassed 1000 miles for the year. I guess that's not so bad considering I just started again in May.
          Pinktastic

Congrats, B-Plus!  That's an awesome accomplishment!!   :-)

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

happylily

Hi gang!

Only 7 MP miles after work because we are leaving right after my run and driving up North to Mont-Trenblant. We don't ski but hopefully there is enough snow up there for snowshoeing. Otherwise, we'll be doing some very muddy hiking in the woods. We'll be back Sunday afternoon, in time for my LR. Smile

Be well everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

How's everybody doing?  I did 8.23 miles today on some good, hilly roads.  The pace was on the quicker end of easy, but still easy.  Having a cut-back week this week has been a little boring, but at least I'm logging miles. 

I was looking at my shoe wear for the month...so far I've worn 3 different shoes 3 times each (Rider, Precision, Ghost), 1 pair 4 times(Sky Speed), and another pair 1 time (Adizero Boston that should be retired but I'm forcing it to remain in the work force).  Anyways, I thought that was pretty good rotation considering the only thing I intentionally do is not wear a shoe 2 days in a row.  Am I the only knucklehead that pays attention to stuff like this?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

delicate flower

I ran!  15 miles at 9:01 pace.  My goal today was the run 14 at 9:15 pace, so I'm happy with the run.  I felt a little sluggish the last few miles but I pushed through.  That was my longest run since my marathon two months ago.  Now I've got that after-long-run feeling in my legs.  I miss that.  Smile  

Ok, gotta continue this day off now by running a bunch of errands.  BYE!  

<3

Docket_Rocket

Or all of your finishers medals.

Yikes, I would choke with them on.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

D, I started my run today with a headache (adult beverage induced) and struggled for the first 4 miles. However, it is gone now. We know your BAD ASS, now you have to let everyone else know.

Our running group is having their annual awards tomorrow - preceeded by a LR and a celebratory adult beverage (@ 8 AM).  The awards ceremony includes a big breakfast and a recap of this year's accomplishments - all on video.

LOL.  I'm sure the judge would appreciate that.  Sir, D, the Bad Ass, RD representing....

Back at the office.  With the migraine.  I need a run to send this to hell.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Pink - thank you!! Lily, Baboon, & MtbChick - Have great trips SIAR - lol, you made me look. I normally just try to make sure that I don't wear the same shoe 2 days in a row, like yourself. Bandito - 2 DS trainer - 8 Elixir - 5 Precision - 4 Not bad, I guess.
                        RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

5.5 miles, 9:30 overall pace, with a couple of 100 foot climbs included.

Riddle - what goes "...plop plop plop plop kack THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP plop plop plop plop..."?

That's me tripping over a tree root and taking some huge steps to get my feet back under me! No face plant today, but it was quite a nice trip! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

seeamyrun

Hi Gang!

14 mile MLR in the books at a decent pace. My easy pace is dropping, I'm 13 weeks in to Pfitz 18/55 with added mileage on MLR's and LR's. I can tell it's working...Yippee!!!!

Kiddos out of school today and DH of from work. We are going out for Mexican tonight...yummo!

Have a great one!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Pink - thank you!! Lily, Baboon, & MtbChick - Have great trips SIAR - lol, you made me look. I normally just try to make sure that I don't wear the same shoe 2 days in a row, like yourself. Bandito - 2 DS trainer - 8 Elixir - 5 Precision - 4 Not bad, I guess.

Great shoe.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

happylily

If you like the DS-Trainer, you'd like the DS-Racer as well. Even lighter and more comfortable. But it's made smaller, so one must buy half a size bigger (I didn't know that when I ordered my regular size online. I can wear them comfortably, but my big toes are both bruised and I'm about to lose the left one. Again... sigh...)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010