Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES - From Here To Eternity (Read 185 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

If you like the DS-Trainer, you'd like the DS-Racer as well. Even lighter and more comfortable. But it's made smaller, so one must buy half a size bigger (I didn't know that when I ordered my regular size online. I can wear them comfortably, but my big toes are both bruised and I'm about to lose the left one. Again... sigh...)

Thanks for the tip!  Right now I use the Gel Tarther for real tempo efforts, but I wonder if something with just a touch of stability almost wouldn't   be better.  Back when I was in the DS-trainers I still had yet to rupture either PF.  I hope you meant you'd be losing just the nail, not the whole toe Smile  If not, I may skip the shoe lol

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Shakedown Street

8m easy, stretching and some minor core stuff.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

happylily

Thanks for the tip!  Right now I use the Gel Tarther for real tempo efforts, but I wonder if something with just a touch of stability almost wouldn't   be better.  Back when I was in the DS-trainers I still had yet to rupture either PF.  I hope you meant you'd be losing just the nail, not the whole toe Smile  If not, I may skip the shoe lol

Yes...lol. The toenail is what I meant.:-) I always make that mistake... lol... Just a touch of stability with the DS-Racers, that's exactly what you'll get.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

4 years racing, 14 marathons, 14 BQs     

Weezer88

Morning all!  I struggled through 5 slow miles this morning...around 10:00/mile.  My legs are just dead....working almost 70 hours this week is probably not helping!

Weezer:  DH said he saw someone coming out of North this morning in yellow shorts...I figured it must be you!!  I wore 2 pair of tights and 2 layers on top and was still a little cold.  What group do you run with?  I have thought about trying to find a group for occasional long runs!

That was me - I did need 2 shirts though.  It was only 28* but it got colder as I finished my run.

I'll send you a PM about the running group.

I AM WEEZER.

Nevrgivup

Back from my 3.6 mile run. My legs just wanted to go. Final is done! Yahoo! 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

+1 on the DSR. I have a pair, but I'm still trying to use up my miles on the Bandito (model prior to DSR8). I actually find the DSR9 a bit too cushy and prefer the stiffness of the Bandito.
              runmomto3boys

Recovery run: 8 in at 9:28 pace. I felt really crummy. I am hoping it's due to the 15 miler yesterday and not this nasty cold, but it's probably the latter.

Lori W

MM#5991

Sorry I have been MIA but it has been hectic.

5.1 miles today. I really need to invest in a good headlamp. I used one of those small headlight dohickeys but I think that only allowed cars to see me because I could see nothing with it.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

Bad Ass

Lori, have you tried the knuckle lights? I was surprised they were so bright!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

runmomto3boys

Lori, have you tried the knuckle lights? I was surprised they were so bright!

They are incredibly bright, Lori.  I love mine!

Bad Ass

They are incredibly bright, Lori.  I love mine!

The other day, I was carrying it on the same side of my Garmin.  I looked at my Garmin.  I was blinded, LOL.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

@runjerseygirl

I almost bought some Knuckle Lights today.  Hubby asked me to wait until after Christmas.  Hmm...

Do you even run?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Oh, forgot to mention - Since tomorrow's volunteer work is on a trail, I decided (while Christmas shopping) to buy some new trail running shoes. New Balance 610's. Nuthing fancy, got them at Academy Sports. I'll wear them tomorrow on my non-run.

One can never have enough running shoes. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

delicate flower

DW gave me Knuckle Lights for Hanukkahnas. I've used them on two runs and got compliments from walkers both times. Plus they scared a dog, so bonus on that.

proud sherpa

AM - 3.2 @ 9:38

PM - 7.3 @ 8:22

The morning run makes all the difference!