Beginners and Beyond

Half Fanatics (Read 221 times)

Jess runs for bacon

I've been meaning to ask this for a while but tried to google it first (no success). I qualified for Half Fanatics with my two halfs in two weeks. What I can't figure out is what comes with the membership. Can anyone fill me in? And if you're a member, what do you think?

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

I think you get half price on hotel rooms for destination races and free running shoes for life!

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Jess runs for bacon

I was hoping for Christmas cards from SRL, but I guess free shoes for life is better Tongue

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't recall Half Fanatics having discounts, but the Marathon Maniacs do.  It is a pretty cheap membership price and you can meet and join a lot of other HFs before HMs and the like.  If you go to the HF website, you should be able to read about the membership and what comes with it.

Damaris

Trail Monster

Nothing really comes with it, except a HF number and the ability to meet up with others at races.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

xor

Half Fanatics do get some discounts but not as many.  Once you are a member, you check the discount section of the members-only board on that site.  The discounts aren't noted in the calendar on the fanatic site as well as the maniac site because the gal who does them isn't as good as notifying me as the guy who handles the maniac discounts.

As for whether it is worth it, I guess it depends on what you like.  Having a page to collect your races is pretty cool.  And the calendar is fun.

Jess runs for bacon

OK that helps a lot, I couldn't find anything on the site at all, but I assumed it would be somewhat similar to MM.