Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: You make the call (Read 58 times)

LRB

LRB

'Sup yo!

I have not decided yet yet but am fairly certain my choice will contain alcohol....or maybe not?

I have another long day on tap which will begin of course as usual with a run.  See you on the other side!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Alright, I feel a form of discrimination here damn it - where the FUCK is the whiskey on that list Rick!? Because that is exactly how I feel right now. 

Rocky and I got 6 miles out on the roads, in the rain but it felt better than hot and humid so I'll take it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Dude, 5:30 in the morning and you're already thinking about drinking?  Can we get through morning coffee first?  And the work day?   

I ran 4 easy miles after work yesterday, after my 7 morning miles.  That's 11 on the day for the mathematically challenged.  Got a double digit run on the schedule this afternoon, hoping to repeat the success of my recent runs.

This summer has been way too mild and it's making me feel uneasy.  Sure we've had summer weather, but where are all the oppressively hot and humid days?  Last year we had at least a couple of weeks where the heat index was up over 100, and the newspeople were telling folks to stay indoors.  We've had none of that this year.  This week has been low 80's with low humidity.  It's been way too awesome.  These things have a way of evening themselves out though.

<3

Dude, 5:30 in the morning and you're already thinking about drinking?  Can we get through morning coffee first?  And the work day?   

Dude, how do you get through a work day without drinking? An emphatic vote for beer here.

And I have not missed the oppressive heat & humidity this summer, it has been wonderful. I wonder if it has been oppressively hot & humid anywhere in the country? (3, 2, 1....)

Anyway, 9 easy this morning in nice cool conditions.

Dave

roger65

Beer and wine. Though I do love a margarita once every six months. And I've been drinking vodka coolers while on vacation. So I can't choose one.

URD. My ankle is slightly swollen and sensitive. I'm hoping to do a local 10k tomorrow, hopefully the ankle will feel better then. I may go for a slow bike ride later.

Have a nice day!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

long day on tap  lol, LRB, considering your theme for today.  run; and then an alcohol marathon? 

Congrats, FreeSoul and Rocky, on your miles.  Now you can enjoy the "jack daniels" plan later with that whiskey.

Way to go on the double digit day, Phil!  Count yourself lucky with your mild summer!  We had 100 degrees on Wednesday...yesterday it hit 102 degrees, actual temp, and today we are going to hit 102 again, per the weather folks.  Welcome to August in Texas.

nice cool conditions sounds wonderful to me about now, Dave! Please send some drafts Texas way!

Rest day for me today.  Picking up my packet after work for my 5K on Sunday.

Sorry about the ankle, lily....er....roger.   I'll have to remember you're roger now, not lily.  Roger that!   As for that 10K, I would not push it if your ankle is sensitive.  Maybe to help yourself behave you can do a "Scottydog Race."  Carry your camera and stop several times along the route to take photos. This will help ensure you DO take it easy out there.   Good luck!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD and, unless we do a bike ride, I'm taking it.

In Court today, so I need my alcohol tonight, ha.  Probably a glass of wine.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Fuck Jack Daniels 

Give me my Jim Beam's Red Stag Hardcore Cider any day of the week ..... chilled 

Congrats, FreeSoul and Rocky, on your miles.  Now you can enjoy the "jack daniels" plan later with that whiskey.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

StepbyStep-SH

Since hard cider was not an option, I chose wine. Though tonight might involve a Captain & Coke to go with the homemade pizza I plan to make; tomorrow will definitely be wine because I have to open a bottle of white wine for the salmon marinade. And once it's open ...

5.75 miles this morning with the group, including a few hill repeats.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Beer, because I get too stupid on hard alcohol and wine dries me out too much.

Probably another RD for me today. I went to the pool last night with DD#1. Our neighborhood pool had a play structure for little kids and had a slide for kids under 42 inches tall. I wish I would have brought her too it earlier. For some reason their last day having the pool open for the summer is 8/10. On the good side of things, I stepped on the scale and I'm maintaining my weight even though I'm not running. I call that a big plus.

I was checking my schedule and I have an out-patient surgery on 8/15, which requires a solid week off from running. There's a 15k on 8/30 that only costs $10 that I'd like to run, but IDK if I should run it just because I have only ran a handful of times in the past couple of weeks, and I'll have a solid week off before that. I'm considering just running it at like a MP just because my 15k PR is three years old and I'd blow it out of the water.

- Andrew

LRB

Alright, I feel a form of discrimination here damn it - where the FUCK is the whiskey on that list Rick!? Because that is exactly how I feel right now. 

Rocky and I got 6 miles out on the roads, in the rain but it felt better than hot and humid so I'll take it.

Don't you know?  I screw up every single online poll I have ever created.  

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Glenmorangie is my preference otherwise a nice smooth single malt.

Or a vast selection of microbrew/ craft beers.

11 later

LRB

Dude, 5:30 in the morning and you're already thinking about drinking?  

Well, yeah.  lol

6 easy done for me.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It's okay, it's the thought that counts 

Don't you know?  I screw up every single online poll I have ever created.  

PRs