Beginners and Beyond

Floating (Read 104 times)

Hip Redux

Anyone heard or done this?   What the heck?   Apparently, there are floating places all over the world popping up...

http://www.thefloatcenter.com/pre_floating.html

We used to call this "taking a long bath".  Now people pay for it?

Gator eye

Wasn't there a scary movie made about those tanks? The name escapes me now.

Little Blue

Can you say claustrophobia?  I agree, an hour in the bathtub would do the trick, especially if there was wine involved.

bluerun

Super B****

$90/90 minutes... to sleep?  I'll let you sleep in my bathtub for $50.  A bargain!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Daves_Not_Here

Wasn't there a scary movie made about those tanks? The name escapes me now.

"Altered States"

PADRunner

Hip Redux

"Altered States"

OMG, NOT going on my "to watch" list. lol

"Your brain waves slow down to theta level, a lovely dream state, and the brain releases endorphins."

At $75 an hour, they're doing it wrong Tongue

catwhoorg

Labrat

In the Cardinal of the Kremlin (book), the KGB uses something similar to break traitors to the Russian motherland.

Sensory deprivation.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

"Altered States"

Crazy, freaky movie. It was one of my favorites at the time, although not sure how much I would enjoy it if I went back & watched it now, in reality it was probably pretty dumb. A young William Hurt with Blair Brown (if anyone remembers her).

Dave

GC100k

I think this was a thing about 20 years ago and about 20 years before that.  I googled and found that the first round, which is what "altered states" is based on, was in the 50s.  So I guess it comes around every 20 years or so and it's time for another round.

Mmmmm...beer

I think this was a thing about 20 years ago and about 20 years before that.  I googled and found that the first round, which is what "altered states" is based on, was in the 50s.  So I guess it comes around every 20 years or so and it's time for another round.

PT Barnum was right, and it turns out all you have to do is wait for people's memories to fade and you can go after the next generation of suckers.  Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Love the Half

PT Barnum was right, and it turns out all you have to do is wait for people's memories to fade and you can go after the next generation of suckers.  Smile

Oh hell.  Look at the millions of dollars Crossfit has made convincing folks that there is such a thing as the "momentum" muscle.  Kipping pullups anyone?  I'm always laughing at some moron who says he can do 20 "pullups" when I'll bet there are fewer than 100 people on the planet that can do 20 real, honest to gawd, fawking pullups.  That means keeping your body so straight that I could put boards 12 inches front and back of your body and you wouldn't touch.  I'll bet no one on this forum can do 10.  Yet hundreds of Crossfit junkies can do 20.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

catwhoorg

Labrat

I can do 6 (maybe 7 on a really good day).

That to me is quite hard enough.

(I haven't done a board test but I think I'd pass it)

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

LRB

Yeah, you are not locking me in that thing unless it is at gun point, and even then I may still kick your ass lol