Beginners and Beyond

Discovery Monday Penguins (Read 23 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"I didn't train all that time just to come here and get it over with as fast as I can."

-John Bingham

PADRunner

Morning Penguins, 20 week Cowtown Marathon Training W1D1, active rest day.

Off to the gym this morning for the spin & HIIT classes again.

on my way to badass

Morning PAD and Penguins! 20 weeks sounds really long PAD, have a great w1d1. I am leaving soon to run 9.3 with training partner. She has another HM and 10K this fall and she is signing up for her debut marathon in the spring.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning PAD and SF and Pengs.

Had a great time voluncheering at Chicago Marathon.  But, sadly missed Docket, so many runners.   Glad you had a great time Docket.  I'm still a little hoarse from 4 hours of screaming "Kick Butt" !!!  Or was it from the noisy bar we went to with DD's after the race?

Good luck with training PAD.

Keep trucking sapf.

Congrats on the PR, Brilliant.

Short run for us today.  Getting ready for next weekend's Half.

Welcome back Rach !!

Have a great week.

hog4life

Hi everyone, probably a rest day for me. I got a pretty decent pic from Sat 15k, I'll try to post it when I get home.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi everyone, probably a rest day for me. I got a pretty decent pic from Sat 15k, I'll try to post it when I get home.

How's the foot, Mitch?

hog4life

How's the foot, Mitch?

It's okay. I did 5 miles in the same shoes yesterday, and natta!

Zelanie

Good luck, Lauren!

PAD- That quote was my marathon approach, haha!  Always nice when training plans start off with RD! What plan are you using?

SF- Have a good run with your RP!

Jerry- I'm glad you got out to volunteer again!  Any inspiration to run it after seeing all of the fanfare?

Mitch- Glad the foot is feeling better.

As for me- SRD #8.   Hansons say take two weeks off, and since there's a possibility that I ran myself into the ground with my training, it makes sense to follow it.  I will go for a walk today.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD, although I might do a PiYo workout to stretch.  I am sore but not THAT sore.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, Lauren!

PAD- That quote was my marathon approach, haha!  Always nice when training plans start off with RD! What plan are you using?

SF- Have a good run with your RP!

Jerry- I'm glad you got out to volunteer again!  Any inspiration to run it after seeing all of the fanfare?

Mitch- Glad the foot is feeling better.

As for me- SRD #8.   Hansons say take two weeks off, and since there's a possibility that I ran myself into the ground with my training, it makes sense to follow it.  I will go for a walk today.

I thought they took two recovery weeks but not with no running.  Really?  I would go crazy!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

I doublechecked last night.  No running.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Thanks Jerry.

PAD - good luck with the spin and HIIT.  There's a spin studio near my apartment, maybe I'll sign up for a package to keep me entertained and challenged over the winter.  I used to do a bunch of spin classes.

SF - have fun with the 9.3 :-)

Mitch - glad to hear your foot is okay

Zel - enjoy the rest, you earned it

D - when is your next big race?

AFM: Yoga today between students.  It is a weird day for me because they have off from school.  One of them wants to meet at noon and I generally do 2pm yoga on Monday, so I think I'll just meet with him in my yoga clothes.  I'll throw on a big sweatshirt so he doesn't have too much exciting to look at =P (oh 17 year old boys)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

sapf, NYCM.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

It's funny Zel, about the first 25% of runners look terrific at 16 miles, then the rest are the Walking Dead.  So, no DW was not inspired to let me run.  Ironically, She's the one that should run the FM.  She would kill it.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  DH came to bed way late last night, so we slept in instead of walking this morning.  Maybe we'll do a loop when I get home this evening.  

PAD -- Have fun actively resting!!

Stone -- have a good 9.3!  (What an odd number!)

Jerryb -- glad you had a good time at Chicago!  Did you drink D's Mtn. Dew for her?

Hog -- have a good RD!!

Zelanie -- Hope you're not getting bored resting!!

Docket -- glad you're feeling good today!!

sapf -- enjoy the yoga!!

I saw Rach wandered back into the igloo, hiya Rach!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.