Beginners and Beyond

Good luck Aprilrunner! (Read 79 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Shout out to a local gal! Go show that 26.2 who the boss is!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

happylily

Good luck, April! Fingers crossed for you!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

KEEP GOING!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

Go April Go!! Anyone tracking her?

Docket_Rocket

Go April Go!! Anyone tracking her?

There are no official updates but I am tracking her.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

GOGOGO!

Luke79

Many positive vibes sent your way April.  Best of luck Smile

Luke

Docket_Rocket

She is done!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

She is indeed done. She had three people pace her for the last crew and about 20 more of us made a cheer canyon when she came through. It was awesome!

Docket_Rocket

She is indeed done. She had three people pace her for the last crew and about 20 more of us made a cheer canyon when she came through. It was awesome!

Wish I was there running it with her.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

She is done!

Time??? Or do we have to wait for her report?

Dave

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

I hope she had a great time!

Time??? Or do we have to wait for her report?

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Jess runs for bacon

I will let her tell Smile

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi guys! I am done. It was much, much harder than I anticipated, and warmer than it should have been, and SUNNY. But I (mostly) had a good time. Made some new friends out there, high-fived the kiddos, said thank you to every volunteer.

I finished about an hour slower than I had planned, around 6:08, but I still got my medal and I'm glad the first one is out of the way. I'll leave most of it for an RR but I didn't train as well as I had hoped because summer SUCKS.

Off to a beer garden with my friends to eat ALL THE FOOD.

Hi guys! I am done. It was much, much harder than I anticipated, and warmer than it should have been, and SUNNY. But I (mostly) had a good time. Made some new friends out there, high-fived the kiddos, said thank you to every volunteer.

I finished about an hour slower than I had planned, around 6:08, but I still got my medal and I'm glad the first one is out of the way. I'll leave most of it for an RR but I didn't train as well as I had hoped because summer SUCKS.

Off to a beer garden with my friends to eat ALL THE FOOD.

Congrats!

Doesn't matter how many times you read about it in other people's RR's; you have to experience it for yourself to appreciate how hard it really is, right?

Dave