Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Redskins Penguins Happy Dancing (Read 22 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Redskins 20, Cowboys 17

Hang this on your Christmas tree, Dallas Cowboys!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yeah, didn't think it would happen but the Skins managed to hang on and win over the Cowboys.

Doing the Happy Dance...

Plan on 3 - 4 miles after work.  Beautiful weather here in San Antonio, about 62 right now, only 82 after work, sunshine, low humidity and dew-point.   Probably go to one of the many local parks available in our city and do a mix of trails and roads.

PADRunner

Boooo!

4 Done on the TM.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Got 3.3 done yesterday.  I'll likely do the same today.  Yesterday's run helped loosen me up for sure.

DH is out doing a run without me right now.  I'm proud that I was able to get him out the door :-)  I should probably be running with him right now, but I have about 6 hours of studying to do today, so I'll use it as a break later in the day.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I did not do shit yesterday, so Pilates, weights, and a run with hubby today.  I feel like I am getting sick but with the allergy shot being done yesterday, that's normal.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I'm hoping all of my patches and updates are done so that I can have my computer back again without all the reboots.  It was stable for about half an hour yesterday afternoon, so I think I'm ok.  I'm wearing my VFF's to work today, and they feel so lovely that I think I'll take a walk after lunch.  Woo-hoo!!

Scotty -- A friend posted on FB about the win last night around midnight, woo-hoo!!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 4!!

sapf -- glad you got loosened up!!

Docket -- sorry you had poo problems yesterday!    Hoping it's just the shot aftereffects ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

PAD: Let me know what's up.

I am doing some miles on the track today, three of which will be at threshold pace and the rest easy. I might sign up for a 5k in three weeks time but that is the day we leave for Zion so I'm not sure.

Have fun.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I did not get up this morning to run.  Back to work this morning after just over a week off from work.  Still over-filled with happiness from the weekend festivities!

Have a great day everyone.

Running for TJ because he can't.

hog4life

I did not run yesterday because I started cooking on the grill. Once I started tasting everything, I was too full to run. Maybe 4-6 this evening.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I did not run yesterday because I started cooking on the grill. Once I started tasting everything, I was too full to run. Maybe 4-6 this evening.

You should've just run in place at the grill as you cooked.... 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Another beautiful day.  3.3 in the books :-)  Now time for work.

Hog - grilling sounds better than running ;-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

It's 85 degrees out there, y'all!  Coincidentally, the same temp as Miami, according to weather.com.   Clearly I will not need my fleece vest on the drive home.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Scotty - enjoy your afternoon run in the park.

PAD - good job on the early miles.

sapf - Is it mid-term time? Good job on the 3.3 this afternoon.  Do you and DH run at the same pace when you do run together?

Damaris - I hope you're not getting sick.  Enjoy your evening workouts.  Makes me tired just thinking about doing all three at once.

HM - hope you got your walk in today and that your computer is finally back to normal.

Jack - enjoy your tempo run.  If the race is early enough, you should be able to do it before heading to Zion.  Does your wife want to run it too?

Robert - I'm glad you're still feeling happy about the weekend. How's TJ doing?

Mitch - you earned a day off after your race.  Hope you get some miles in this evening.

AFM:  long run today - 13 miles of rolling hills through farm country.  I tried doing a walk/run, with a short break every mile.  Still ran too fast, so my legs were just as tired, but I didn't overheat and my heartbeat stayed lower so I was able to run all the hills pretty easily.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Quiet day in the igloo.  SRD for us, so we voted early.  Ironically the courthouse is right next to our bike path so we should have run there.

Amazonian Princess

I can. I will. I am.