Beginners and Beyond

Well it is the Wednesdailies. (Read 43 times)

Pinktastic

Good Morning Friends!!

How the heck are all of you today?   Got anything fun planned on the agenda for the day?

Marjorie – Enjoy your well-deserved RD!!   Any plans for all that free time since you aren’t running?  Did you sleep in for once?

LRB – Good Morning!!   How’s the coffee going down today?

Flarunner – Very cool that you saw a shooting star this morning!!   I hope that’s a good omen for a Pinktacular day!!

Basya – Are you feeling better today?   Nice run this morning!!   Have a great day!!

Dave P – Looks like you had an excellent run this morning!   Enjoy the beautiful day!!

Phil – Welcome back!!   Have you worked your way through your Inbox already?   I can’t wait to read your report on your first run today!!

Kristin – That bites!   I hope you feel better as the day goes by!!  Good luck with your HR appointment!

Bruce – Fabulous run last night!   I hope that your 5+ tonight go exactly according to your plan!   Have a Pinksational day!!

Jess – I’m not sure I can remember all the way back to the big 3-0, but I hope that this is your BEST year yet!!   Good luck with your project and be sure to post a pic of that giantest cupcake ever!!

Ami – I do not know how you work such crazy long shifts – it seems insane!!   Way to go getting your workout in before your incredibly long “day”!!

I made it into the office today (DH did the driving).  That was more of a workout than I expected!!   I think I need a pre-breakfast nap.   But, I am happy to be out of the house so it's all good!!

Have a completely Pinkerrific day!!   And, may your next run free your mind from all stress and anxiety so that you can soak up the loveliness of spring!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Hip Redux

Good morning everyone! It's the big 3-0 for me today Smile I was supposed to bike 10 miles but I have a lot of work to do to get my product ready for Vermont at the end of the month (details very very soon) so I will be doing that all day (plus it is raining) but then dinner tonight which will end with the giantest cupcake ever Smile

Happy new age group!

Tweaked the back yesterday after my run so today is a RD.   The good news is my muscle relaxers knocked me out cold last night so I slept great!

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

My alarm went off at 4 a.m., I hit snooze, thought about it, got up and drank a glass of water, and went back to bed. I was just too tired this morning to go run. I might have a window of time later this morning that I can get a few miles in, otherwise, I'll just swap today's miles with the SRD I had planned for tomorrow. Besides, I'm supposed to be tapering. Maybe I'll skip it altogether. Feeling blah - time to go find that cup of coffee I just brewed.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Good morning!

Phil, welcome back from vacation. Are we going to get a new avatar picture? Maybe one without hoop earrings? Big grin I'm so happy you can run today!

Jess, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Welcome to the COOL age group. (And competitive.)

I'm running 3 miles after work. There's rain in the forecast all day so I won't run outside at lunch, and I don't want to use the treadmill. So I'll probably go to the gym for crosstraining on my lunch break, then run 3 miles after work, then I have a 5k planning meeting at 7. Busy busy.

Happy Birthday! Hope it's a great day!

Good morning everyone! It's the big 3-0 for me today Smile I was supposed to bike 10 miles but I have a lot of work to do to get my product ready for Vermont at the end of the month (details very very soon) so I will be doing that all day (plus it is raining) but then dinner tonight which will end with the giantest cupcake ever Smile

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

still no running for me,  but the knee seems to be getting better every day.....dangit.

first day if vacation and DW off at noon to finish packing. We're flying out tonight for Ft Myers Beach Florida.........hoping ill be able to at least run a little in a 5k Saturday.

Boon- good luck with your TM run.

Hope everyone has a terrific day!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

happy birthday Jess!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Good morning everyone! It's the big 3-0 for me today Smile

Taurus' Rock!

DaveP MI, nice nine. Sweet pace.

Phil, have a wonderful first day back to running.

kristin10185, feel well soon. I'm still congested, coughing, and sneezing, but not as bad as yesterday morning. I've been taking medication to thin and loosen the mucus and to clear the nasal congestion, drinking even more water than usual, and doing saline nasal rinses. I'm running. But I'm crazy. And I'd drive folks crazy, if I weren't able to run.

BruceD555, enjoy your post-work run.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, lilac_jive!

AmiK, awesome workout.

Sarah, I'm glad that you were able to go to the office and end the cabin fever.

Oski, have a pleasant RD. I envy you the restful sleep.

Shari, have fun doing whatever you do.

AprilRunner, enjoy cross-training and doubling.

Scott, I hope that you and DW have a safe trip. Good luck with the 5K.

Rick, how do you consistently bring the funny?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 miles and weights.  And I'm late.  Sorry.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

LRB – Good Morning!!   How’s the coffee going down today? 

Got a late start today but managed to have a quick cup of Veranda Blonde, that is some good shit!

Supp to everyone else!

I got 7 easy done...I think.  Bust day on tap, will check back later!

Docket_Rocket

Happy Birthday, Jess!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

The BAA 10k registration opens in an hour - who else is signing up?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I got up at 5:30 a.m. and went to my gym and did a weight training circuit for an hour.   Those pills the dentist gave me yesterday really kicked my butt, I zoned out pretty much most of the day yesterday and through the night.  The weight training circuit really helped me 'shake it off."   However, since I have not done my weight training circuit in about 2 weeks, my muscles now are quivering like Santa's bowlful of jelly, lol.    After work today, I may go to the Zoo and do the Zoo 2-Mile Fun Run that is held every Wednesday evening from April through October.

Ugg! Miss one day of work and there is so much catch-up to do on email, etc!

Enjoy your rest day, Marjorie!

Congrats on the 8, flarunner!  Did you make a wish?

Basya, you are one of the most consistent workout people I know!  Congrats on your workout and your miles!

Enjoy that beautiful day, DaveP!

Phil, I only was gone from work a day and have a lot of catch-up.  You were gone a week...I bet you'll be in catch-up Hell for a couple of days!  Welcome back!  Glad you can run again, welcome back to that too!

Kristin, get some stuff called Delsym (sp?).  GREAT stuff for a cough.   As for running, if your chest is congested, I would advise against it until your lungs 'clear".    And especially in that nasty weather you're describing, wouldn't get out in that at all!  Especially with the way you are feeling and with lightning around!  Hope you feel better.

Congrats on the 7 hilly miles, Bruce!  BTW, is winter now gone in your area?  Seems like you had one loooooong winter!

Giant cupcake?  You need to post a photo of that, lilac!  Is today your birthday!  Happy birthday!  I got a 'professional' for you to enjoy on your birthday:   http://www.doozycards.com/ecards/birthday/adult-naughty/stripping-hamster

Wow, 32-hour shift, good luck with that, Ami! Thank you for what you do in your profession!

Sarah, hope you are doing well and healing well!  I am going to pick an upcoming fun-run-race of mine and dedicate it to you while you are on the bench!  I have to decide which one, gotta have one that 'suits' you.  I'll let you know.

Sorry about the back, Oski, hope that resolves quickly!   Back problems suck!  Especially when they are permanent.

Sorry about the BLAHs, Step, hope you feel better!

Good luck with your miles, April, and your 5K planning meeting.  Are you going to be an RD for a race?

Glad the knee feels a little better, Sparker.  No running sucks, though.

Nice bull, LRB!  Which brings up the question:  Are people who eat beefsteak for dinner full of bull?

Good luck with the miles and weights, Damaris!

Ugg...gotta go play catch-up at work for a while!  Later!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

Sorry about the back, Oski, hope that resolves quickly!   Back problems suck!  Especially when they are permanent.

Yep.   I'm getting better at knowing when I just need to stop and rest.   It's a hard thing though - last year, I might have tried to keep plugging through it.