Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday, OMG is it early, the first Penguins Post for the year (Read 178 times)

Mmmmm...beer

8 miles done, in the rain, luckily it wasn't too cold.

Jen, great job on your 10k, you've come a long way!  Congrats to your DS and DH on their AG awards too.

Steph, good to see you!  I feel like it's been a while.  Hope all is well. Smile

Jimmy, you too, feel like I haven't seen you for a whlie, altho I was offline for a while. lol  Glad you're feeling better.

Awood, glad to hear the knee is doing good!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I have a dumb question about intervals.  i have to do my first interrval tomorrow.  5 x 400m at 5k pace... my question is how long do I recover for?  Just until I can breathe or a certain time or distance?  5k pace for 400m then jog 400m ?

Awood, glad the knee is feeling good

Welcome back jimmy and steph! Dont stay away for so long

Jen, congrats on your 10k

Jerry, those people are hardcore

Bin, I have no idea about your intervals, I cant even figure out my simple one Big grin

Traci, are you doing the intermediate HM plan?   Sounds like a good plan. Maybe we will have to try it, but kind of hard to stick to it, with our crappy winters up here.   But at least we can do the intervals on the track with a lap recovery.  We feel pretty confident since we've done 10 miles a few times with no problem.  Our race is the day after yours so you have to do great (finish).