Beginners and Beyond

Leave the Office Early Day Monday Penguins (Read 26 times)

obiebyke

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

obiebyke

How cruel is this holiday? I wish.

I woke up eeaarrlly today. I think it's a med change and the heat/humidity. I have some day-after-the-day-after soreness but nothing terrible at all. 30 minutes after work today to loosen up.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

Holiday?  What holiday?

Morning!  I have Pilates tonight.  Nothing else.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

on my way to badass

Good Morning Penguins! Thanks for starting us off Obie. Enjoy pilates Damaris.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Zelanie

Now that's a holiday that I wish I could celebrate.  But I'm taking Friday off this week, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea to leave early today.

Today and tomorrow are SRDs, then my marathon plan starts on Wednesday!

obie- Glad you're feeling good!  The second day after is always the worst for soreness for me.

Damaris- Enjoy the Pilates and not being an all-star. Smile

StoneFence- Morning!  Hope you have a good day!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

It is kind of nice NOT to be training for a marathon. I'm about to go out for a run and I have no idea where or how far I'm going. It could be anywhere from four to eight miles and I don't know or care about my route. I am going to start the Garmin and go.  My only problem is that I need to get signed up for some races of the shorter variety. I think seven to ten more days of easy runs should suffice and then it will be time to start on the speed work.

Jerry: Great game last night, right?

Brilliant

Morning!  I'm headed out; not sure how far I'll go.  I'm not carrying water, so first I'll run to the park that's at almost 3 miles & see how I feel.  Maybe continue to the next park with water, or maybe turn around & come home.

Zelanie - how exciting, a marathon plan.  Have you shared the details with us yet?

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!! No leaving early for me today -- I'll actually "work" a little late today because my quartet has a gig tonight at a retirement community. So I'll probably work until 5 or so, then spend 45 minutes or thereabouts putting on my costume and makeup, and then head over to the venue. I should get home tonight around 10:30, which is a little rough since we also got home late last night from a concert. That's ok, I can make up the lost sleep ... in July ...

obie -- I hate the days when you could sleep a little more, but you can't sleep a little more!!

Docket -- enjoy the Pilates!! Stone -- good morning!!

Zelanie -- enjoy these last few SRDs!!

Jack -- enjoy your whatever run!!

Brilliant -- enjoy your whatever run too!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Jack and Brilliant, how nice to just get out there and run! I sort of did that for May, and am feeling pretty good now.

HsM- I do the same thing, work a little late on the days I have evening stuff and just head there rather than trying to get home first. Hope you have a good time!

Brilliant- I am going to run the Portland Marathon, and it will be my first. I am doing Hansons' Advanced to prepare. It's not until October 5th, though. It's a long plan!

From the Internet.

Morning! Probably an SRD for me, my shins were nice and cooperative all last week so they deserve a day off from running. I may go to the gym later though - I've packed clothes and have shoes at my desk, so I'll see how I feel/how much work I have to get done later on.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I'm alive.  Between work, yard work, running and volunteering time to do drywall for the church I don't have a lot of time.  Hopefully, things will clear up soon.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

7 miles around town done. I even did 30 push-ups when I got home.

Philliefan33

I wish I could leave early today, but it's not looking likely.

A bit more yard work and yoga tonight..

Brilliant

I ended up going a little farther than 8.  It was a good run.

Jack - nice on the pushups.

Lauren - hope you are feeling better to get to the gym later.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I will be leaving the office early tomorrow, not today.  I have my annual skin-cancer screening tomorrow by my Dermatologist.

Saturday I did a 5K and followed that up on Sunday with a relaxing run in the park.  I took photos for both, which are here:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/cdcfdec722914a88b4fb313281f030b7#focus

Today is a rest day.  It looks like the time has come when I will start being a morning runner until the Fall because our PM temps are now shooting up into the 90s...and will probably stay like this until near the end of September...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt