Beginners and Beyond

Penguins' Mondailies (Read 23 times)

Zelanie

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Zelanie

Morning, everyone!  I am going to take a RD today, but probably be back out there running tomorrow.  Hope that everyone had a good weekend!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  6 miles and strength tonight.

Damaris

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Good morning!  I know that some penguins have had some rough races and circumstances lately.  I just wanted to let you all know that you'rr still a major inspiration to me and I'm proud to be associated with you guys and gals.  We have some tough cookies around here, with great character.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

6 or 7 miles with 5x1000 intervals built in. Oh, the pain.

Zel: Nice RR. Smile

D: Hi and enjoy the miles

Awood: pass me a tissue!

See ya.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Penguins!!  I am back from competition, and I am desperately in need of MORE SLEEP!!  Our quartet had kind of a good news/bad news result -- we sang really well, we put a great performance on stage, and our score increased by 24 points over last year, which is no small feat.  But we placed last, which was annoying.  Many friends said we didn't deserve last place, but it's hard to know how objective they are.  Anyway, we're going to focus more on the 24-point increase.  My chorus did well also -- we weren't in a division that gives point scores, but we got letter scores, and our letter scores were some of the best we'd ever had.  So all in all, it was a successful singing weekend!!  

Zelanie -- have a good RD!!  Sorry your race didn't go well!

Docket -- have a good strong 6 tonight!!

Awood -- hugs to you, too!!

Jack -- good luck with your intervals!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

SheCan

HsM-- congratulations on the improvements!  You always seem to have fun with your quartet, so its obviously a success.

Yesterday I took a rest day.  When I went to bed last night, I was smelling smoke.  Apparently there is a fire on the mountain behind our house where I like to run sometimes.  They're having trouble fighting the fire because of the remote location, so I'm just holding my breath that it doesn't spread.  Haven't ran yet, but I think I'll go for about 6 or 7 shortly.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Philliefan33

Hi everyone.  I'm feeling kind of achy today, but I think its the kind of ache that will feel better after a run.  So maybe 5-6 miles after work, unless I get to three miles and find that I'm feeling worse, not better.

hog4life

Legs are a little stiff today, lol, ya think? I'll have an easy 2 tonight with the NOBO class if it doesn't rain us out, been storming most of the morning. I'll get my RR up tonight or tomorrow. I put a few pics up on FB.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Busy busy busy work day today.   Also found out this morning that the husband of a friend of mine and Gail's died of Alzheimer's.  He was only 52 years old....and his father died at the same age of the same disease.  Sad, freaky, and scary.

I did two 5Ks over the weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday.  Reports and photos here:

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/dff53b7c38a64880ac43f5cc16b10a7a/resume#focus

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/6f356415ed1b4947b41b493b8da8f1e9/resume#focus

Our weather is going crazy now.  In the upper 80s yesterday, now we are dropping into the 40s.  Had some major rain and thunderstorms just a little while ago and are supposed to get up to 40 mph winds today, nutso.  By tomorrow afternoon everything will start warming up again and drying off, and it looks like we are going to have some really decent weather for the week:

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today.  Also got my home computer back from my computer guy - had to remove Windows XP and put a different thingy on there, since Windows XP is no longer supported - so will take that home after work and hook up and give the new program a spin.  I am glad the IT guy did it cuz I am a technology idiot and I'd probably still be sitting by the puter trying to get everything to work properly.

Happy RD, Zelanie. Off to read your report shortly.

Congrats on getting into Chicago, Damaris.

5 X 1000 intervals, Jack, dang...how long does it take you to do 1,000 intervals? 

Right back atcha, Awood!

Congrats on your competition improvement, HsM!

Dang, ma Cherie.  Hope the fire has been put under control or will be shortly.  Stay safe!

Hope the running does help, Margo.  If not...hope you get lots of rest tonite and feel better tomorrow.

Congrats on your race, Mitch.  Enjoy the easy running today. Hope the weather behaves.  I think we are on the same latitude, it pretty much poured here all morning too.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

GinnyinPA

Posted earlier but it disappeared.  Weird.

Z - hope your legs are feeling all right after yesterday's hard effort.  Enjoy the rest and easy week to follow.

Damaris - enjoy your six tonight.  Hope it's not too hot.

Jack - hope the intervals went well.

Hopesmom - you sang well, that's what counts.  And I hope you had fun too. But I'm sorry you didn't score higher.

Cherie - I hope the fire has been contained.  As dry as it is where you live, this is likely to be a bad fire year.

Margo - I hope your aches have eased so you can do a longer run.  Are you coming down with something?

Mitch - I bet you're stiff! Your legs had a hard weekend.  I hope you get to do your two easy miles just to loosen up.

Scotty - you also earned a rest day, with your two races.  Too bad you're missing the cool afternoon, though not the thunderstorm. We were supposed to get one this afternoon, but it seems to have passed to the north of us.

AFM:  I managed a four mile run on a warm and windy day.  Lots of flowers right now:  daffodils, hyacinths, cherry trees, forsythia and magnolias.

SheCan

Scotty-- as I was running, I watched the airplanes flying over the mountain dropping (or spraying?) something red on the fire.  

Ginny-- Spring flowers are just so pretty!  Glad you got your miles in and didn't blow away.

I did just under 10 on the trails.  Was such a pretty day, and could hardly even smell the smoke on my run.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Robert31320

Team TJ

I got in 3.3 miles this afternoon at the park after work.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6 miles done.  Boy it was hot.

Damaris