Beginners and Beyond

I'm in trouble with the boss again WednesDAILIES (Read 68 times)

LRB

This time for tossing a breath mint in his mouth while he was scolding me.

What can I say, I'm a good shot. 

LRB

Good morning internet community!

This will be quick; I got new shoes running yesterday so I am outta here!

See ya, and I actually wouldn't mind being ya but I am too busy being me! 

Cyberic

This time for tossing a breath mint in his mouth while he was scolding me.

What can I say, I'm a good shot. 

Man, how do you come up with these, day after day Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have Pilates and a short run afterwards, tonight.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!!

5 done, had to cut it short so I'll go back out later for some more.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Happy Friday OMG LOL!!!

So last night's off-road triathlon relay went well, for the most part.  Our swimmer did great, DW did great on the bike, and my run was good.  It would have been a great run, but I tripped and fell at the start of mile 3.  I was ahead of last week's pace but falling down killed my momentum, cost me time, sucked the life out of me, and left me scratched up and dirty.  Finished the 5K trail run in 22:24.  Paces were 7:34, 7:37, and 7:49.  So, I managed to recover from the fall pretty well in the third mile, but I probably lost 30-40 seconds.  FYI, running 5K effort when it's 87 and humid just plain sucks.  Our team finished 2 out of 2 in the relay division.  Big grin  (there were 156 solo racers...a small race).  I can definitely see the benefit of running at that level of effort and discomfort.  When I do my next road 5K, the effort won't feel so foreign.

8 easy miles planned after work today.  Hope the thunderstorms hold off.

<3

B-Plus

Approaching 70 degrees at 4 am ... Gonna be a scorcher today. I better head out the door now. 8 miles planned.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

8.6 miles for this morning with Rocky, 68 degrees but 94% humidity and dew point at 69. Don't care what the dew point says though, humidity 75+ is just crappy if the temp is 65+ and there is no wind.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

You guys are posting great weather (For me). It is 84F here already at 730.  LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Excuse mr.  I lied.  87F already, 77 dewpoint. I predict a TM run tonight.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Good morning, people!

Rick, thank you for starting the Wednesdailies. Excellent aim, there. Enjoy the new shoes and your run. Which shoes did you get?

Damaris, have a pleasant Pilates session and enjoy your run.

Dave, fantastic five.

Phil, have a great run after work. Awesome tri last night, even with the tumble.

B-Plus, have a nice eight-miler.

FreeSoul 87, brava on the soupy 8.6 with Rocky. After work yesterday,

I hit the gym ad did weights, push-ups, ab work, and an hour on the ArcTrainer at the max incline and resistance at 55 out of 100. I'm still recovering from Sunday's trip to Lakewood. The drive there took more than six hours. Sitting for that long left me with soreness that radiated from deep in the left side of my @$$ down to my knee. I've been rolling and stretching. That, plus just plain moving, are slowly helping. That means that there has yet to be doubling.

I'm torn between doubling tonight, doing 3.5 easy miles with the run club, then heading to the gym for speedwork, or skipping the run club meetup and just doing speedwork.

StepbyStep-SH

You'd love my weather, D - 60*, cloudy and a breeze.

Mr. Pfitzinger said 9 miles; I said 7.35 + an extra 15 minutes of stretching and rolling, because my left side isn't playing nice. Tightness in the glute is starting to extend into my lower back and hamstring. I need to be really good about stretching the next few days, especially since I'll spend several hours sitting in a car. Unfortunately we really don't have space to bring along my foam roller.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

Morning little running buddies!

It's a feel like of 90F here at the moment and it will be a feel like of 99F later this afternoon when I go for my run. In the garage. Where there is no airflow. Where it smells like garbage. And where I face a wall. Did I tell you I'm a martyr?  The good news is that it's my Hanson's rest day, so I'm only running 5 miles at turtle pace.

LRB: LOL!

Cyber: I'm still laughing at the thoughts of the bobettes. 

Baboon: Damn about the fall, but great job nonetheless!

Dave: Have a good double!

Damaris: Take a picture for us of you doing your workout, I'm curious about Pilates after seeing Rick's red cords.

B-Plus: I wish we could thread weather. And cities. And speed. :-)

FreeSoul: Is your training plan all worked out now?

Basya: You make me feel like such a wimp when I read your workouts. I think I'll do a few push-ups today because you inspire me. 

I have to drink my coffee fast, the kids will be arriving soon.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Morning little running buddies!

It's a feel like of 90F here at the moment and it will be a feel like of 99F later this afternoon when I go for my run. In the garage. Where there is no airflow. Where it smells like garbage. And where I face a wall. Did I tell you I'm a martyr?  The good news is that it's my Hanson's rest day, so I'm only running 5 miles at turtle pace.

LRB: LOL!

Cyber: I'm still laughing at the thoughts of the bobettes. 

Baboon: Damn about the fall, but great job nonetheless!

Dave: Have a good double!

Damaris: Take a picture for us of you doing your workout, I'm curious about Pilates after seeing Rick's red cords.

B-Plus: I wish we could thread weather. And cities. And speed. :-)

FreeSoul: Is your training plan all worked out now?

Basya: You make me feel like such a wimp when I read your workouts. I think I'll do a few push-ups today because you inspire me. 

I have to drink my coffee fast, the kids will be arriving soon.

Have a great day, everyone!

I don't think I can take a picture during the class.  I need my two hands while floating in the air!  I usually get there early so I'll try to take a picture of someone's else private class (if there is any).

the reason I take private classes instead of group classes:

"Move to your left.  Your OTHER left."

"Put your feet on the straps.  The FEET."

etc.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

You Rang?

Morning Dailies!

It's a rest day here.  It's also my birthday, so i'm playing hooky from work and going to Disneyland.  As a kid growing up in SoCal, going to the House of Mouse on your birthday is a family tradition.  Years ago and under a belief that nobody goes to an amusement park by themselves, Disney used to let you in to Disneyland for free on your birthday.  Now they will let you in on your birthday (or any of the 364 days of the year) if you give them $96.00.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)