Beginners and Beyond

Run for Boston bracelets have been shipped. (Read 269 times)

Chasing the bus

Ok, so it's still gonna be SASE and small donation sent to you after we get your address? And then your passing it on to  The Richard Family Fund? Easy enough for me...thanks for your efforts.

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
    Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Dad on the run.

I have set up a donation through fundrazr.com. I am running the campaign for 30 days and have a goal set for 500.00. The money will go into my paypal account and once the 30 days are up I will send the proceeds to the address I was given as well as a letter explaining to the family what the bracelet is for and what it represents as well as a list of names of all the people who donated.

Rollcast - I used a picture of their son on the fundrazr site, please ask the family if this is OK and let them know what it is for. I will be more than happy to change the picture, I just thought that it was the right thing considering what we are trying to do.

Fundrazr URL - https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/7URS3?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Little Blue

This family suffered a tremendous blow.  I don't know if the news reports are true, but they say that the mother is gravely injured, and the daughter lost her leg, in addition to the loss of the boy.   Count me in, it's some tiny thing I can do to help a grieving family.

Dad on the run.

46 bracelets already accounted for and I've not even posted on the main RA or RW website.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Hip Redux

46 bracelets already accounted for and I've not even posted on the main RA or RW website.

My husband and two friends wanted one too!  So 4 for me!

Dad on the run.

Have you sent me an email already Oski? If so can you just shoot me a message with your real name again?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Hip Redux

Have you sent me an email already Oski? If so can you just shoot me a message with your real name again?

I have and I will send you an email right now!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Well done, JBJ! Do we give at the website or send you a SASE or both?

Docket_Rocket

Thanks!

I have set up a donation through fundrazr.com. I am running the campaign for 30 days and have a goal set for 500.00. The money will go into my paypal account and once the 30 days are up I will send the proceeds to the address I was given as well as a letter explaining to the family what the bracelet is for and what it represents as well as a list of names of all the people who donated.

Rollcast - I used a picture of their son on the fundrazr site, please ask the family if this is OK and let them know what it is for. I will be more than happy to change the picture, I just thought that it was the right thing considering what we are trying to do.

Fundrazr URL - https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/7URS3?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thank you so much for this, Jimmy! What a great idea!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jimmy - I've posted the link in our nation wide alumni page to help gather some support. I have also posted ony FB page. Hopefully more donations will come thru.

Let me know if I can help in any other way.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Donated and shared on FB

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

ry8564

Donated and shared on FB

+1

Thank you for doing this!

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

I've donated and shared on FB as well!

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

So proud to be part of this running community. Glad to contribute even a little bit in this time of tragedy.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.