Beginners and Beyond

Run for Boston bracelets have been shipped. (Read 269 times)

The only reason I requested one instead of more was because there were only 50. I have a feeling others did the same thing.

Ok, I can order 50 more bands for 71 or I can order 100, and get 100 free for 109.00. This seems like the better deal but do you guys think you can help me push enough to get these all gone? I need everyones help with this. You can give out my email or just get their information yourself and email it all to me at once (this would be easier for me). What do you guys think?

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

catwhoorg

Labrat

I'll definitely take 2 if you do the larger order.

I was limiting my request due to the small number you initially ordered.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Dr. Cornsitter

The only reason I requested one instead of more was because there were only 50. I have a feeling others did the same thing.

This. I'd take more.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Dad on the run.

Ok. 200 more bracelets ordered. That's 250 bracelets. I just want everyone to be aware of what we have raised so far and how much these bracelets have cost me. I don't want anyone feeling that I am trying to take more than the cost as I already feel guilty. But the first set of 50 cost 71.86, if I had read all the fine print they were probably running this promotion yesterday, I dunno... The second batch 100+100 cost 127.54, thats a total of 199.40. So we are looking at $.79 per bracelet.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Ok. 200 more bracelets ordered. That's 250 bracelets. I just want everyone to be aware of what we have raised so far and how much these bracelets have cost me. I don't want anyone feeling that I am trying to take more than the cost as I already feel guilty. But the first set of 50 cost 71.86, if I had read all the fine print they were probably running this promotion yesterday, I dunno... The second batch 100+100 cost 127.54, thats a total of 199.40. So we are looking at $.79 per bracelet.

i think what you are doing is great. I dont think that anyone thinks you are running scams.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Yep! A lot of us wanted to do something, but you went and did it. We support you and the appreciate all the work you've done in getting this together.

i think what you are doing is great. I dont think that anyone thinks you are running scams.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Rondog65

Jblackjr if I send you an email can you provide an address and I will send you a SASE with a check for $25 (looking for 4 bracelets).  Apply what you need towards the cost and the charity.  Thanks for doing this.

Helps if I provide you with my email huh? Its Therunningnerd777@gmail.com

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

I donated 10 and ordered 3 last night, I can do 3 more and donate another 5 in a few.

happylily

As soon as I get home I will make my donation. Thank you for doing this!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Dad on the run.

Yes that will work

Jblackjr if I send you an email can you provide an address and I will send you a SASE with a check for $25 (looking for 4 bracelets).  Apply what you need towards the cost and the charity.  Thanks for doing this.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

xor

This is very cool.

Sorry the one dude in the main board called you out as a 'scammer'.  That was uncalled for... in his defense, ah whatever, there is no good defense.  At "times like these", people process stuff in their own ways.

Keep on keeping on and all that.

Dad on the run.

Its really no big deal. Honestly given the situation, I might have thought the same thing. He doesn't know me and I rarely post in the main board. There really is no hard feeling. There is a lot of people out there that try to get something for nothing.

This is very cool.

Sorry the one dude in the main board called you out as a 'scammer'.  That was uncalled for... in his defense, ah whatever, there is no good defense.  At "times like these", people process stuff in their own ways.

Keep on keeping on and all that.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

fimmx

Donated. jblackjr: Thanks again. This is exactly what I meant by my talker vs doer comment. That bracelet will mean a lot to me, I'd probably have never got it on my own though.

Dad on the run.

Everyone please keep a eye out on your emails. I have a lot of emails and most of you thought to send your RA username along with your address and some of you didn't. I need everyones RA username, if you didn't receive an email its because either A. I have it already or B. I haven't gotten to your email yet. Please don't send an email until I send you one though. I have about 20 more to go through tonight.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Haven't seen any emails as of yet, the email I sent from is simboy1919 at yahoo