Beginners and Beyond

Road ID: Elite vs. Slim (Read 86 times)

StepbyStep-SH

I currently have the velcro strap wrist ID, but am thinking about switching to one of the silicon ones, since it wouldn't hurt to update my information a bit and the velcro is starting to snag shirt sleeves more. Plus Road ID has a sale going on today and tomorrow.

Questions for those who have either the Elite or Slim:

How easy is it to adjust the Elite to fit your wrist?

Does the Slim feel like it is going to slide off, since it is big enough to just slide on over your hand?

I have very small, slender hands and wrists, and don't like feeling like something is sliding around a lot.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

The Elite takes a bit of time to adjust, especially if you're that silly with things like this, as I am.  You need to cut the endings, then put it in the clasp, etc.  But once I did the first one, the second one went easier.  I still prefer the elite over any other type of Road ID. I used to have the velcro.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

I have the Slim.  No chance it's going to fall off.  It's is not big enough to fit over your hand.  You have to stretch it to put it on.  The only chance it's going to come off involuntarily is if it tears or if my hand comes off.

I also have the velcro one but I have not worn it since I got the Slim.  FYI, I keep the Slim on all the time.

<3

I have the slim and I agree that it won't come off. I don't really notice it when I run except when I'm transitioning from long to short sleeves. Same goes for my watch, though.

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

bluerun

Super B****

I have the Slim, too.  If you get the right size, no way will it fall off.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

StepbyStep-SH

I have the Slim, too.  If you get the right size, no way will it fall off.

Does it slide up and down much?

bluerun

Super B****

Does it slide up and down much?

Not really, no.  I never take it off and I'm never even aware that I'm wearing it, so if it does slide, it's not enough to be annoying!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

MothAudio

I have the slim and based on the recomendations on the webpage the size I selected fits me perfertly. Don't believe I've yet to accidentally pulled it off when removing jackets / gloves. Need to update mine as well. Mine doesn't slid that much but I'm not sensitive to that so YMMV.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

I have the slim, doesn't fall off, doesn't slide. Mine is a pretty snug fit so it's tight just to get it on & off. I've actually dislodged the metal ID part when doing so (it just clips on), from stretching & twisting the band. It's pretty heavy duty so not quite super-stretchy like a rubber band.

Good to know about the sale, I need to update my info since we disconnected our landline a while back, probably just get a replacement ID part. Then I would be left with just one contact number, like a sad lonely old man.

MTA: checked the website & an ID replacement is almost the same as getting an entire new one (only $2 less).    Maybe I will stick with what I have, & frustrate the EMT who has to dial a disconnected number before getting the right one. Hope I don't die in the mean time.

MTA2: or just cross out the old number with a Sharpie.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

I have the slim, the cool thing about it is that it will fit on any silicon bracelet.  I don't wear the one the came with it, I put it on my Running for Jenny bracelet. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

StepbyStep-SH

You convinced me - I just ordered the Slim in plain ol' basic black, with an extra blue band for when I'm feeling wild. Wink

Docket_Rocket

Now I am curious about the Slim too.  Haha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Now I am curious about the Slim too.  Haha.

The extra bands are less than $2 each - you could get one to match every outfit. Smile

The extra bands are less than $2 each - you could get one to match every outfit. Smile

That's my plan. They also have seasonal "badges," so you can coordinate that way too. Big grin

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

Docket_Rocket

Too bad their pink is like Pepto Bismol pink.  I would buy a bright pink one but not this one. But you are right.  It's on sale, after all. 

Damaris

Fundraising Page