Beginners and Beyond

One size fits most Mondailies! (Read 392 times)

Jenven

Gustav - Almond milk in coffee? yuck. You've got to learn to drink it black.

I drink this every weekend and every weekend I regret it. I need to pick up some Peppermint Mocha creamer.

Started C25K on 9/6/12. First 5K set for 1/13/13.

Jess runs for bacon

Docket, that's because you are in warm sunny Florida. It's really cold here in PA and I need some warmer gear!

I bought a pair of Brooks tights rated for under 30 degrees and a Mizuno headband.

Shakedown Street

2000m in tha pool...i love to swim on my SRD

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Mostly harmless

Hello. Lots of RWOL folks jumped ship to this forum so I guess I will too.

I'm currently in training for either RnR DC or Shamrock in VA Beach.  I haven't made up my mind yet.  I have 10 at relaxed pace on the training calendar for the day.

Have a great Monday all! Smile

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

B-Plus

I took a rest day today, neither scheduled nor unscheduled. I'm on te move tomorrow, but I'll get some miles in early if I feel like it.

Jenven - Sometimes it takes longer to warm up, especially when it cools down. Just take the first running segment a bit slower until things feel good. Of course if the bike works for you,you can keep doing that.

Jess runs for bacon

Hello. Lots of RWOL folks jumped ship to this forum so I guess I will too.

I'm currently in training for either RnR DC or Shamrock in VA Beach.  I haven't made up my mind yet.  I have 10 at relaxed pace on the training calendar for the day.

Have a great Monday all! Smile

Shamrock! All the cool kids are going Smile Enjoy your 10!

runmomto3boys

Good morning, guys!  I have 7-8 recovery paced miles on tap, along with core and yoga today.  Have a great day!

Mostly harmless

Shamrock! All the cool kids are going Smile Enjoy your 10!

I ran Shamrock last year and loved it. It was my first (and only) FM.  Only issue this year is it actually falls on DW's birthday. If I can work out a way to make it a fun trip for her, then I'll indulge myself in the race. If not, I'll do DC the day before.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Robert31320

Team TJ

Rest day for me. 

I still have a sore foot and now my right shin is a tad sore.  WTF!  I'm considering getting some compression sleeves for the shin stuff.  My foot, I have no idea, so I'm considering several days rest and see what happens.

I have a race Saturday.  Doing the Savannah River Bridge Run on Saturday morning.  I may not run until then just to see how my legs feel...

Running for TJ because he can't.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

MASS EXODUS from RW forums!  Just like the Jews out of Egypt!  I love drama!

Morning all - or almost "afternoon" for some of us.

Dr today.  He said "yeah it could take a while.  Keep doing what you're doing and see you in 8 weeks."  Today is 17 weeks since I started behaving and stopped running, mtb, lifting.... you know - anything FUN.  

/endpityparty

It's going to be a long week!!

Enjoy your lunch - I have home made chicken nuggets:

• 1 1/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut across into 1/2-inch pieces
                      • 1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk
                      • Cooking spray
                      • 4 cups whole-grain corn cereal (recommended: Corn Chex or cornflakes)
                      • 1/4 teaspoon salt
                      • Freshly ground pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine the chicken and buttermilk in a shallow dish. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.

Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Put the cereal in a sealed plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Transfer the crumbs to a shallow dish. Season the chicken with the salt and a few grinds of pepper. Dip each piece of chicken in the cereal to fully coat and arrange on the baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Leave the chicken on the baking sheet to cool slightly. It will become crispier.

I serve with spicy dijon!

runmomto3boys

Tom:  Man, I miss Weezer.  I hope he comes on over here.  I just popped over and posted in the dailies over there.  I hope the 4 miles + insane amount of driving you are doing goes well!!! 

LRB: Good morning, sir!!

Flash: Enjoy your RD!

Steph: I'm SO glad you are on the mend - FINALLY!!! Enjoy your yoga (just did it myself!!!) and weights/core today!

Angela: I hope things go well on your first day back at school! 

Shari: I hope the 8-9 mile run goes well today!  How is the foot?  100% recovered??

Phil: This chick digs it!  Sort of an obsession right now....not going to lie!

Basya: I hope that recovery run goes well!

Damaris: 3 miles?  That's an itty bitty run.  Someone must have a marathon this week :look:

Flippy: Nice job on the streaking business!!!  Well done!

Oski: Awww, man: what kind of injury do you have?

Lilac: Oh emm gee...I KNOW!  I am doing some serious damage myself as of late...

Stupid Lazy Dog: Have a great 5+ mile run.

Jenven: You are already at 30 minutes????  Holy smokes - progress, my dear - mad progress!!

Never row? New name!!!  Nice score today.  I didn't pick up anything there, but the deals were good, for sure!

Gotta go pick up my little from preschool!  Sorry if I missed you!

ETA: Mtnbikerchick: Awwwwww, crap, crap, crap.  I can't believe that you are still out, 17 weeks in w/potentially another 8+ yet to go.  I am so sorry.  This just SUCKS.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Jenven - 30 minutes is HUGE!!! Congratulations and keep on keepin' on! Smile

Jenven

Thanks RMTB and FlippyNoodle! It's crazy to think about. And I definitely could have gone longer yesterday, but all the injury posts keep me anxious so I try to stick with the plan of incremental gains.

Also, IN THE SPIRT OF THE NEW FORUM, I have changed my profile pic. I wasn't going to change until I actually had a race photo, but my non-personal picture sticks out like a sore thumb, so you get a hiking photo, which is about as sporty as I got until September.

Started C25K on 9/6/12. First 5K set for 1/13/13.

Hip Redux

My issue is that I have a genetic disorder called being a putz.  

In layman's terms - I fell and bruised myself good.  Smile

Docket_Rocket

Tom:  Man, I miss Weezer.  I hope he comes on over here.  I just popped over and posted in the dailies over there.  I hope the 4 miles + insane amount of driving you are doing goes well!!! 

LRB: Good morning, sir!!

Flash: Enjoy your RD!

Steph: I'm SO glad you are on the mend - FINALLY!!! Enjoy your yoga (just did it myself!!!) and weights/core today!

Angela: I hope things go well on your first day back at school! 

Shari: I hope the 8-9 mile run goes well today!  How is the foot?  100% recovered??

Phil: This chick digs it!  Sort of an obsession right now....not going to lie!

Basya: I hope that recovery run goes well!

Damaris: 3 miles?  That's an itty bitty run.  Someone must have a marathon this week :look:

Flippy: Nice job on the streaking business!!!  Well done!

Lilac: Oh emm gee...I KNOW!  I am doing some serious damage myself as of late...

Stupid Lazy Dog: Have a great 5+ mile run.

Jenven: You are already at 30 minutes????  Holy smokes - progress, my dear - mad progress!!

Never row? New name!!!  Nice score today.  I didn't pick up anything there, but the deals were good, for sure!

Gotta go pick up my little from preschool!  Sorry if I missed you!

ETA: Mtnbikerchick: Awwwwww, crap, crap, crap.  I can't believe that you are still out, 17 weeks in w/potentially another 8+ yet to go.  I am so sorry.  This just SUCKS.

If you believe the rumors.  Rumors also say it is Vegas I'm running.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page