Beginners and Beyond

Red Light Runners, 2013in2013 (Read 380 times)

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

MemberGoalStatus

MizunoMan 3500 Vet

ghettopops 2013 New

Jenngsa 2013 New

ACRC 2013 Vet

rivercityrunner 1800 Vet

rpflash100 1800 Vet

runnva 1700 Vet

TakeAHike 1600 New

cc4life07 1500 Vet

BeAWitness 1500 Vet

hog4life 1300 Vet

Running4fun 1300 Vet

RunningTD 1200 Vet

superbunny 1200 Vet

l82work_2000 1100 Vet

flatlander62 1100 Vet

CUtigress 1000 New

J.Drumm 1000 New

newbeanie 1000 Vet

Paul's Dad 1000 Vet

camille2 850 Vet

RoadNotTaken 800 Vet

Jackie_601 800 Vet

running_again_for_fun 750 Vet

Jeff Beck 750 New

lesliesoup 500 Vet

Hope'sMom500 Vet

-------------

please check in at RWOL or FB.

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners/2013-2013-team-1

http://m.facebook.com/home.php?__user=1180742795#!/groups/181259795350608?ref=bookmark&__user=1180742795

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

hog4life

Hi ya, Mitch checking in here on RA.

Snickers1230

Jackie checking in.  I'm Jackie_601 on rwol, but snickers1230 here.  I realize the same name would have made things easier Big grin

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

curmudgeon at large

Running_again_for _fun here just R.A.F.F.

aponi

never runs the tangents

I am not good at FB no I am not. In fact the only friends I have on there are actual friends or family members that I personally know in the green and blue world. I tried to find this on there and typed 2013in2013 into the handy search area and some British thing came up. I don't think I'm in the right area.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

You should be able to use the URL on my post above to take you right to the FB group.

"Current" PRs

hog4life

I got 4.3 miles yesterday, and hoping for 6-7 tonight when I get off work. It may not happen though, we have a lot of family together that hasn't been in years, so we will probably be taking a lot of pictures and stuff.

can someone fill me in on what the 2013in2013 is? I am lost.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Ghettopops

It is a group running contest through out the year.

can someone fill me in on what the 2013in2013 is? I am lost.

It is a group running contest through out the year.

oh kay, not much to work with there

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

It's a yearly running contest that people sign up for at Runner's World Online forums.  We sign up and get put onto teams for the year to see which teams run the most miles each week.  It's a head to head competition each week.  Some threads are popping up over here because of the unreliability of RW.

"Current" PRs

It's a yearly running contest that people sign up for at Runner's World Online forums.  We sign up and get put onto teams for the year to see which teams run the most miles each week.  It's a head to head competition each week.  Some threads are popping up over here because of the unreliability of RW.

Awesome, how do i sign up? Do I need to go back to RWOL? Not familiar with the FB page you guys have set up.

hog4life

oh kay, not much to work with there

Rollcast, do you work in a steel mill? It's a year long game in where you "pledge" a certain number of miles, and the teams are divided equally(or at least that's the intent), so that they are evenly matched, and then the teams compete in head-to-head weekly mileage contests. The teams have their own threads, or FB groups. You might try to PM Venomized, so you can be placed on the "individuals" team, and then placed on a regular team if someone is dropped. The game originated on RWOL.

There is also another Miles Game that you can join at any time. If you search the user groups, it's under Miles Game. This one also started on the other forum.

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

I haven't run all week (since Saturday) and it's frustrating me.  Had a fever since Saturday Night of 101 and a nasty cold until this morning.  The chest cold is still around so I'm hoping to be able to run tomorrow finally.  Could still put a decent 4 days in this week.  As long as I can get my long run in...I missed my 2nd one this Sunday in the past 4 weeks.  Can't do that with my marathon in March!

"Current" PRs

Rollcast, do you work in a steel mill? It's a year long game in where you "pledge" a certain number of miles, and the teams are divided equally(or at least that's the intent), so that they are evenly matched, and then the teams compete in head-to-head weekly mileage contests. The teams have their own threads, or FB groups. You might try to PM Venomized, so you can be placed on the "individuals" team, and then placed on a regular team if someone is dropped. The game originated on RWOL.

There is also another Miles Game that you can join at any time. If you search the user groups, it's under Miles Game. This one also started on the other forum.

Thanks for the info. I do not work in a steel mill but i do work for a steel plate (dist/broker) company. Rollcast however, is a reference to a flyfishing technique, coincidental, and never noticed until you asked.

Thanks again.