Beginners and Beyond

Seriously. MONDAILIES?!? (Read 58 times)

DisapproveWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Angry

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here. 

Guten Morgen.

Legs/glutes, push-ups, ab work, and seven-eight miles after work. My inner ankle is a wee sore, so I took two Aleve half an hour ago and am resting it for tonight.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Guten Morgen.

Legs/glutes, push-ups, ab work, and seven-eight miles after work. My inner ankle is a wee sore, so I took two Aleve half an hour ago and am resting it for tonight.

Aleve is my favorite NSAID Smile

Off to PT.  If you hear screaming from CT around 8:30am - it's just me.  Carry on.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles tonight and if I have time, weights.  DH is having a small bout of shin splints so I put him on an RD week.

Basya, enjoy the run and weights tonight.  Hope the ankle feels better before then.

MBC, enjoy PT Big grin.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck in PT MBC.

Good morning Basya and Damaris.

Lol @ LRB's pic

SRD for me, as most Mondays are. Have a good day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

'Morning.  I had four of the last five days off and miss that already.  And the stress level at work this morning is already rising.  Not good.

8-10 easy miles planned after work.  Thunderstorms may force me onto the treadmill....

<3

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, great daily people! It's Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heading out in a few minutes for a short 4 or 5 mile run. I haven't run in 3 days - doggone rain and day shifts have conspired to keep me indoors. Throw in a little laziness and I had the perfect combination to force myself to take a couple of days off.

But the rains have subsided after about 9.6 inches in one week. I'm sure that there will be standing water on the road, but I'll wear my old shoes so I don't soil my favorite running treads! Smile

Have a great day, y'all.

Side note - I'm back on my Fit-Day food monitoring program. Seems that over the last 6 months, my weight crept up from around 195 to 202.5 and has plateaued there. I prefer the 195 range so I'm going to shoot for a pound a week reduction so that I'll be down where I need to be by the time the River Run half marathon comes along. That's the plan anyway. Shouldn't be too hard - I managed to drop 50 pounds once, I'm sure that I can do 7 or 8 without too much discomfort.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies! After 3 days off, I'm back at it.

I scheduled this period between my HM and FM training for a break, so it was in the cards. I only ran about 25mpw for the past couple. Now that the break is over, it means I've started my FM training for my debut marathon. Smile 4 mile pace run this morning.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

B-Plus

Good morning Mondailies.

8 miles later tonight.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

A couple miles after work, and it looks like I'm runching as well. Our dewpoint is finally back in the 60's. Still humid but not oppressively so as it has been the past week.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Randy

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.1 for me.

Marjorie

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  Just running my 1 warmup mile at PT today.

Basya- Hope the ankle feels better tomorrow!

MBC- Good luck at PT!

D- Morning!

LRB- Poor Monday, poor guy is just doing his best to get us closer to the weekend.

Kristin- Hi there!

Phil- Hope you're able to get your run in outside.

Tom- Good for you keeping an eye on the scale and catching the issue while it's still small!

Br- Hope the legs feel fresh for the pace run.

B+- Enjoy the miles later!

April- Glad to hear the humidity is coming down.

redrum- Morning!

Marjorie- I think this is the second day in a row we've posted at the same time. Smile  My run today will also feature the digit 1.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Looking at 4 later today. Got a day full of meetings, so nothing will get done work-wise. My RP texted me today and she wants to get back on the wagon, so we'll see how she does. Have a good one!