Beginners and Beyond

Boston Mondailies (Read 41 times)

Good luck Boston runners!

Greetings from Key West! This place has a reputation of being pretty lively, but not at 5:30 AM. So that seemed like a good time to go for a run. And take some tourist selfies while doing so.

At the southernmost point of the US, 90 miles from Cuba. Looking for a raft.

This is where the road ends I guess. However I did not fall off the edge of the earth, much to my relief.

7 miles.

Dave

LRB

'Sup peeps!

No running, no core, no strength training, no stretching.

Coffee, yes.

Word.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good luck Boston runners!

Rocky and I got 5.3 miles in on the trails, and I even spent 15 minutes finding limbs and logs for a makeshift "bridge" over a really bad flooded section so I call that 15 minutes of strength training 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

HELLO LMFAO!

Dave, your pics are all sideways and stuff.

I'll try to be productive at work today, but it'll be tough with all that Boston stuff flying around the internet.  That said, I've got 10 miles on the post-work plans and nothing outside of work will delay that.  Word.

<3

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning! I survived Holy Week working for a church. I was up at 4:00 yesterday and after 3 services went to a co-worker's house for a crawfish boil and beer. I went to bed at 8:00 last night.

I'm taking today off and planning on watching the Boston coverage.

I'll either run on my own or do the Monday group run with DH. He's going back and forth between trying to decide if he wants to mow or run.

Dave-P - enjoy your time in Key West, DH and I honeymooned there. Fun place!

Have a great day everyone!

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Good luck to everyone at Boston!

I'll do some recovery miles in a bit, want to make sure I'm back in time to watch some live coverage. Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  5-7 miles or an SRD.  It depends on how my twisted ankle feels.  It held during my 12 miles and gave me the fastest MLR in months but it was sore the rest of the day so I don't want to go through that again.  So, wearing high heels (no choice) will be a test for it today.

DaveP, enjoy Key West.  It was very full this weekend, from what I heard, so now it should be nice and quiet.  have fun!  When are you heading back home?  I am leaving on Thursday night via MIA (headed to Nashville).  Would be too much of a coincidence if we accidentally FE at the airport, ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

on my way to badass

Good luck Boston runners! Looks like a beautiful day.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning!

Mom was over for Easter yesterday. She always asks about my running, which is great. Unfortunately I did my LR on Friday, so it didn't seem so awesome. She asked, "How many miles did you run today?" Me: "Zero." Her: "How many miles did you run yesterday?" Me: "Three." If she would have went one more day I could have said "Sixteen." Oh well. Such is life.

Today was another Easy day. I did 3 on the TM. I only went for the TM because I have to seal some grout at home and I don't want it to get wet. Weather is a little funky. We had great weather over the weekend, and now it's back to crappy stuff. I want lows in the 40s dang it!

I've got a couple of tabs open and I'm hoping for an American sweep at Boston! Shalane and Ryan FTW!

- Andrew

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! Listening to the Boston feed as I check in here, hoping for a fantastic race for everyone.

5.1 miles this morning with some strides. Just keeping things loose this week: muscles and sinuses. I had planned to take an extra SRD this week, but think I will run short that day instead, just because running helps break loose the stuff in my head from allergies.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

Good morning!

I'm watching Boston with SO. Exciting! But where are the crowds? I remember tons of people lined up on the road cheering for us... What a beautiful day for runners! Sending Jay and bluesky and all our other peeps good vibes for a great race/day!

I have 6 at recovery sometime today. Then it's yard cleaning.

P.S. Dave, I can't decide if your selfies are cute or creepy. All I keep thinking of is the travelling gnome. Enjoy your vacation with the family!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Jay is past the 10K mark.  I got a text message at around 10:40am but I was at the first meeting.  Go, Jay!

Fuzzy and our Canadian Greg as well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I've decided this is a cut back week. I ran 6.5 this am. Body just didn't have any more to give. But,in will do Pilates class later

Marjorie

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Haven't been posting while on vacation in Hawaii but I am back Smile

Didn't run much there aside from my half marathon. 3 short runs last week a 4 miler and two 2 milers, each run on a different island. I had hoped for a bit longer and/or more runs and if I were traveling alone I certainly would have, but traveling with my family we had a lot on the agenda, so running was not a priority, I fit it in where I could. I was just happy to get any miles at all in. I had an AMAZING trip....I will write a RR for the race/trip in general.

PS-GO MEB!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hope you are enjoying Key West, Dave! I was there last summer!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to