Beginners and Beyond

Come Visit Texas in October and...Do The Thong Jog! (Read 109 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Interesting upcoming race on October 26, in Austin TX - about an hour's drive from San Antonio.

http://www.austinthongjog.com/

I think I will pass..nobody wants to see a near-60 fat old guy in a thong!  They'd have to have a lot of EMTs there giving eye first aid if I did this one!  Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

*everyone heads straight to the photo gallery*

happylily

I'm not a prude, but I'm not a clown either. I think I'll pass on that race as well, Scotty. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

We have a bare buns run (NSFW) coming up this weekend. Yuck, not only is that link NSFW, I've suffered permanent eye and emotional scarring.

Docket_Rocket

I like how nobody is wearing a thong in the race picture.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Looks like a fun event, unfortunately, I stopped having that kind of fun about 20 years ago lol.  And besides, I don't even own a banana hammock so I couldn't do it anyway.

LRB

I like how nobody is wearing a thong in the race picture.

There were plenty of thongs in the photo gallery....not that I went through it, that's just what it said on the website.  ; )

Hip Redux

There were plenty of thongs in the photo gallery....not that I went through it, that's just what it said on the website.  ; )

Yep, there's some bare ass in the photo album!

LRB

Yep, there's some bare ass in the photo album!

That's why I said I am too old for that shit lol.  I would not knock anyone else doing it though.

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, but the photo used for the event has no thongs whatsoever. Call it like it is, RDs!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yeah, but the photo used for the event has no thongs whatsoever. Call it like it is, RDs!

Yes, apparently, you also have the option of wearing your skivvies for the race instead of a thong.  So I could do the event in my boxer shorts....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

happylily

Scotty, this picture must be at least 4 years old, but I still laugh everytime I see it. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Better bring an extra SD card, Scott !!!     Joking

Love the Half

I saw people wearing thongs over compression shorts.  Really?  If you don't have the guts to wear the thong sans other articles of clothing, then just go run some regular race that weekend.  Sheesh.  People are wimps.  Mind you, I'm not sure I'd show up but if I did, I'd have the guts to do the thong.  I figure I might win since it would burn the eyes of the rest of the runners.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Did anybody watch the video..................  I won't comment.

I don't think I'll ever have the nerve to run in my skivvies, let alone a thong or even naked but I can dream of running in one of these races.

Just cause it would be fun, and different.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)