Beginners and Beyond

Awood is running a marathon, what about the rest of Saturday Penguins?? (Read 47 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck awood!!!

I have had some shin pain....so running hasn't been going great lately Sad sigh

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Zelanie

Hi Kristin!  I was just about to open "Saturday Penguins Special Marathon Debut Edition", but I saw your post when I went to get the text to copy. Smile  So thanks for getting us started!

My Awood stalking tracking showed him right on pace at the half!

I ran my first 15 miler yesterday, and it was great.  I didn't know part of the route very well, so I accidentally ended up on some steep single-track right before I planned to turn around.  But that meant I had some downhill right after that!  I went ahead and ran 15.1 so that I could say I've been 2 miles over the HM distance.  I don't know why that matters, but at 15.0, it did.

I also went ahead and took 2 GU since that's what I plan to do during my race, and I wanted to make sure my stomach was OK with it.  At the very least, it was something to look forward to. Smile  Last week's crummy 14.1 was done without water or gel, but my biggest issue was really just tight legs that never really got into the groove.

Zelanie

Kristin- I'm sorry to hear that!  Hopefully this is a temporary setback.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Awood is still looking good at 30k.

Congrats on the 15, Z.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Where is everyone??? Hopefully out running.....it's 11:30 and it's just Kristin and Zelanie lol.

I think I'm ok and will try a run later today (Rutgers game first!) But I cut a 5 miler short at 2.3 miles on Halloween cuz it was bugging me....took a URD yesterday, been stretching, icing, rolling and wearing calf sleeves.... Hoping it's ok

Dad on the run.

I ran my Vulcan Run 10K today! IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!! If your a FB friend my time is on there, otherwise you will have to wait until tonight for my race report Smile

I will say this one thing about the race. NO IT BAND PAIN!!! OH HELL YEA!!!! *happy dance*

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Awood is in at 3:57:33!!  Great run!!

5 miles recovery pace for me.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

We will take an RD today and do a LR tomorrow (14 miles?).

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I am alive!  :-)

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

LRB

I am alive!  :-)

Way to pop that cherry foo'!  Cool

outoftheblue

Congratulations Atwood!!!!!

Life is good.

happylily

Great job, AR! Now rest and enjoy the glory!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Awood is in at 3:57:33!!  Great run!!

That's great!  Nice work AWR!

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Congrats A-money!!

That's a nice time!!  Way to go!!

How's the body feel??  Legs?  Feet?  Knees? (lol)

What about "the wall"??  Did you hit it??  Were you dying at any point or strong the whole way??

TIA

Randy