Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Ice Penguins... (Read 18 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

BRRRR, it is cold for we South Texans San Antonio - 30 flippin' degrees right now - and we did get a bit of ice in some places.   North Texas has lower temps than we South Texans do, glad I don't live up there!  Thankfully, no major precipitation where I am,  so the roads are dry.   But tomorrow and through Saturday, we are predicted to get some freezing rain, which will make the roads, walkways, etc., nice and slick. Fun stuff.

Did a run/walk after work yesterday, around 3 PM, during the time my poor ole cat Sinatra had a procedure done by our vet to take care of a couple of abscesses he had.    Poor ole Sinatra has had a time of it, lately, we just got his ear infection cleaned up and now apparently he got into some kind of fight, hence the abscess wounds, so now has stitches, and wearing 'the cone' on his neck so he can't get to them, and is just having a fun time adjusting to eating and drinking with the cone.        Anyway, although the temp was a pleasant 52 degrees for my run/walk, the darn wind was blowing at 25 mph, making it feel mucho colder.   Tht wind was tough, but I managed to get in 3.1 miles, with a couple of hills thrown in.   Plan on doing about 3 today at a local park, and hoping the weather will be at least out of the 30s by the time I get off work.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

PADRunner

Morning Scotty, 19 here this morning. Got 6 done on the TM this morning.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  4-5 miles tonight.  It's 58F here, super cold, LOL, according to some people at the office.  Sigh.  Back to the 80s tomorrow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

First RD of the new year for me. Smile  Plus I got my little beastie roller last night- it's awesome!

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I was glad to see that it was up to 18 by the time I'd made it to work, but I'm also glad I put on my long underwear bottoms this morning!!  Chorus practice tonight, which is wonderful!  We had a gig on December 18th, and we sang at the party on the 3rd, but I'm missing my singing, so it'll be good to get back together!!

Scotty -- Hope Sinatra is feeling better, and that the weather is warmer for you!!

PAD -- Woo-hoo for your TM 6!!

Docket -- and are you enjoying your moment of deep freeze?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Zel -- glad you're enjoying the beastie roller!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning, Penguins!!  I was glad to see that it was up to 18 by the time I'd made it to work, but I'm also glad I put on my long underwear bottoms this morning!!  Chorus practice tonight, which is wonderful!  We had a gig on December 18th, and we sang at the party on the 3rd, but I'm missing my singing, so it'll be good to get back together!!

Scotty -- Hope Sinatra is feeling better, and that the weather is warmer for you!!

PAD -- Woo-hoo for your TM 6!!

Docket -- and are you enjoying your moment of deep freeze?

People are going nutso.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

10 later. I'm in a dumb meeting all day. Bleh...

tracilynn

6° here this morning with minus windchills in Al. Cold for us. No running but workout later. Chili on the crockpot.

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Health club for me then we take DD2 to the airport, so we might have a URD.  I'll be a nervous wreck for next 2 weeks with her traveling to Cape Town.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jerry, we were in Cape Town five years ago. Tell her to watch out for the "parking attendants."

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jerry, we were in Cape Town five years ago. Tell her to watch out for the "parking attendants."

Because????

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

They want you to "tip them" to watch your car or "something might happen to it." It's a shakedown.

obiebyke

It's balmy in Minnesota today: the feels-like is 2F. Wink It's snowing, too! I plan to do 3 after an afternoon appointment.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)