Beginners and Beyond

Finally FRIDAILIES (Read 42 times)

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Like yesterday, today will be another URD. Wednesday, I skipped the weekly run club because there was tightness on the inside of my right ankle made it uncomfortable to just walk. I have a reflexology appointment after work, which I hope will help loosen the tightness enough for my LR on Sunday.

Now, coffee.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Instead of my usual SRD, I have 6 tonight to compensate for Wednesday's missed run.

Basya, hope your ankle gets better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Supp!

Guess I should be packing for my trip to the airport in a few hours, instead of posting about it on the internet.

Think I'll French kiss some coffee first, then run, then pack.  Yep.

StepbyStep-SH

URD - sleep won out this morning.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up all, four easy miles early this morning for me. Another beautiful morning by the way, right now 61 degrees and almost no humidity.

One cup of coffee down, 2 more to go.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

2.8 miles with some sub-6 strides to get ready for my race tomorrow.  57* out this morning, felt great!  Hope it's that cool tomorrow, but I think it's supposed to be low 70s.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Hey everyone!

Two words; Race report!

Oh, and two more; Kill it!

delicate flower

Holy guacamole, it's Friday!  Good thing too because these two day work weeks are killer.  Mmmm....guacamole.

Today's run updates:

Last night:  8.25 miles at 8:02 avg pace.  Flat route, medium effort.  I'm starting to run more and more sub-8:00 minute training miles without pushing.  Good stuff.

This morning:  8 mile treadmill speed session.  7:16 avg pace.  Half mile intervals.  8:25 pace on the recoveries, 5:58 pace on the speed intervals.  That was a good, hard workout.  Not sure I could have done a 9th mile.  I did some PT after the run.  For some reason I do better on the speed workouts when I roll out of bed and do them instead of during my post-work run time.  Not sure why.

So 16 miles at around a 7:40 pace between the two runs.  NEATO.  A few more miles with the Crazy Triathlon Wife tonight.

<3

meaghansketch

Good morning dailies!

6 recovery miles this AM for me.

LRB- Hope your trip is good!

Dave- Go kill your race tomorrow!

Baboon- Those are some nice miles.  Way to go.

Docket_Rocket

LRB is French kissing coffee now?  Sheesh.

D2, good luck!

Hi, all.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

LRB is French kissing coffee now?  Sheesh.

Figuratively my dear, figuratively.

Supp Meaghan, you must have some lofty goals for your next race in two weeks?

Hi B, Step, FS!  Supp MTB!

Off to run, to where and for how long I have no frickin' idea...

Docket_Rocket

Something for you, LRB:

Damaris

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Friday!  Will be going to packet pickup after work to get my stuff for Race #47 for the year, the COPS 5K and 12K, an event benefiting the families of local police officers who lost their lives in the line of duty.

Today is August 16th.  Holidays for today are National Tell A Joke Day; Men's Grooming Day; and National Airborne Day, which celebrates the first US Army paratrooper jump in 1933.  Food Holiday for today is National Rum Day - so get out there and run, you Rummies! Big grin

rum cartoons, rum cartoon, rum picture, rum pictures, rum image, rum images, rum illustration, rum illustrations

WATER...... It has been scientifically proven that if we drink 1 liter Of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more Than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli bacteria found in feces, in other words, We are consuming 1 kilo of poop!

However, we do not run that risk when drinking because alcohol has to go through a Distillation process of boiling, filtering and fermenting.

It is better to drink rum and talk sh*t than to drink water and be full Of sh*t.

You are welcome for this valuable information. Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

B-Plus

8 @ 9:29