Beginners and Beyond

Back to reality MonDAILIES (Read 43 times)

StepbyStep-SH

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

I had a wonderful quick weekend getaway with my husband while my father-in-law watched DS for us. No running, but we did do just a bit of low-key hiking, along with wandering some historic areas, eating good food, and sampling some very good drinks.
      Today, it's back to reality. 5 miles of slow and easy planned at some point today - not sure if I want to TM it while DS is at summer school and storms are rolling through, or wait until mid-afternoon and let him hang out at the YMCA so I can sneak in the miles outside. Tonight is Day 2 of our vacation bible school, which wears me out more than it does DS.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Supp yo!

Great theme today as I am on rest day number four, but will treat it as my normal rest day and look to get back into my normal routine tomorrow.

Hopefully things will be a little calmer this week compared to last but if not, I am up to the task.

Word.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I wasn't on here much last week. My knee was bugging me so I wasn't running and tried not to think about it. Gonna try a short run tomorrow and see what happens.

In other news my boyfriend randomly started running last week. His casual way of telling me is transcribed in my thread on dog leashes.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

What u say there, People of Internets!  After a weekend of feeling tired, dare I say I feel good and rested today.  I guess eight hours of coma-sleep helps.  I ran a bunch over the weekend and will do more of the same today.  I've got a 5K Saturday, so this week will be all easy miles.

Three day work week then off to Martha's Vineyard for a few days!

<3

Hip Redux

The more fun I have during the weekend, the more painful Mondays are.  Needless to say, I had fun this weekend and am draggin ass today!

Black eye

Ortho appt tomorrow.  It can't get here soon enough, I'm so ready to be done with this DL stuff.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles tonight.

Shari, sounds like a weekend.  Glad you got to enjoy it.

LRB, hope your week is quiet.

Kristin, sounds like how my husband started.  Good news.

Baboon, sleep will do that to you.  Glad you had time for it.

Oski, we are all dragging our asses today!  Not sure why LRB thought it was OK for him to come here without coffee.  The nerve!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Great theme today...

As to emphasize that, I got in my truck this morning to find half an uneaten sandwich in my center console from Saturday!  I cannot believe I forgot to finish that thing, it was so good.  Rats!  lol

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies!

That RD yesterday made my legs feel much better! I did 4 miles of Hills this morning. I like the route because it's a trail route next to a river. This week is a cutback week, so hopefully it goes smoothly. Smile

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

runninggirl30

hey all!

trying to get back into my former running routine but I keep letting "life" get in the way and haven't been consistent.  I have a 5k this weekend that I don't feel prepared for but I'm still doing it cause maybe this will be the kick in the pants that I need. Plus it's for a good cause (special Olympics) and at our local county fair which means I get 2 free tickets along with my registration (yay). Now that DS is getting older (5 months already!)  he is getting good at occupying himself while I run on the TM so it's time to get serious and get running.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!  Run well Smile

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everybody, I'm back! Smile

Did I mention that I hate treadmill running?  Running on a treadmill that's on a moving ship is even worse, altho it's a good exercise in balance. lol  Managed to still get some good mileage in, including a 12.4 mile run yesterday.  An hour and 40 minutes on the treadmill is enough to make you go insane.  If there was a tv it might have been better, but staring at a blank white wall sucks, even with music.  But that's life.  I'll do some miles later in the beautiful outdoors, soaking up some much needed sunshine after spending a week trapped in gray dreariness. lol

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 for me

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Four miles for me this morning after a sleepless night, I almost didn't get up and then almost chose just 3 miles but went ahead and did 4. This week is going to be a pretty easy week, I have a 10k race this Saturday so I want to stay fresh Smile, and pray the weather is great (less than 65 degrees in the morning).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

warning: box jumps in PT at 8:15 in the am will make you sweaty before work.

DAMMIT.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Monday!  Today is August 5th.  Today's holidays are National Oyster Day (oysters..YUK!) and National Underwear Day!

Black Tie Tuxedo Briefs

Im Big In Japan Boxer Briefs

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt