Beginners and Beyond

Name that DAILIES (Read 54 times)

LRB

What up doe crew!

I am off from work today but try telling that to my body, which apparently is pre-programmed to wake early even on an off day sigh.

But alas, I do have things I need to get done before heading out this afternoon to check out the new X-Men movie so all is not lost.

First up will be an easy run with some hill sprints mixed in, which will come after coffee of course.

What about you?

delicate flower

Marathon.

Good morning!

Got out early this morning for an easy 3 mile shakeout with DW in tow.  I have the day off too...got shit to do.

<3

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Eat, drink, and be Mary!

Morning, Dailies!

4 or 5 for me, easy pace planned. After I finish my coffee.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Working today. Boo.

the new X-Men movie 

Ooh! Report back please. Want to see that.

7 miles easy with a bunch of strides thrown in at the end.

Later.

Dave

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

As an incentive to systematically regain my knee health, I just signed up for the Chickamauga Battlefield Half Marathon in November. If I can't get back to 13.1 by then, then I think my long running days are over. Or at least delayed another year.

StepbyStep-SH

I think you should name it after me. Today is MY day. No one else can have it.

In honor of it being such, I am starting off with attempting to get DS to finish his homework without a fight (what day does my 5:30 a.m. early riser choose to sleep in? The day that I let him put his homework off until morning "because he always wakes up in plenty of time to do it." )

Once he and his homework are safely at school, I will run 8-9 miles on my favorite rail-trail lined with flowering bushes and trees, and I'll break out a new pair of shoes to do so. Then shower in time to join that young man at his all-school family picnic, where I will eat only a little, because I am then joining friends for the rest of my lunch at a very yummy, mostly-healthy cafe/wine bar (wine with lunch on my birthday? I just might). Then home to mow the lawn, pick DS up from school, take him to do some shopping, and dinner out with my younger man. Outback Steakhouse might not be fine dining, but they have a decent gluten-free selection, including a very indulgent dessert, and the kids' menu has real food like steak and ribs, not just chicken nuggets and mac and cheese.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD (same old, same old).

LRB, we will watch that tomorrow.  Did you watch Godzilla?  We watched in Cali.  I liked it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

As an incentive to systematically regain my knee health, I just signed up for the Chickamauga Battlefield Half Marathon in November. If I can't get back to 13.1 by then, then I think my long running days are over. Or at least delayed another year.

Have you gotten your MRI results yet?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Have you gotten your MRI results yet?

No, but I've got the "insurance" on this run so I can drop it if I have to. I also know the race director so I could drop down to the 5K if I have to.

I'll be seeing the doc on Thursday to go over the MRI results.

Docket_Rocket

No, but I've got the "insurance" on this run so I can drop it if I have to. I also know the race director so I could drop down to the 5K if I have to.

I'll be seeing the doc on Thursday to go over the MRI results.

They never called you to tell you the results?  I wonder if they were negative.  Usually, doctors tend to call if it's necessary to tell you to not run until you see them.  Or maybe that happened and I missed it?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Oski, how is your recovery doing?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

They never called you to tell you the results?  I wonder if they were negative.  Usually, doctors tend to call if it's necessary to tell you to not run until you see them.  Or maybe that happened and I missed it?

We had the appointment set up already, with the stipulation that if it gets really bad, I can call and move things more quickly.  Based on the initial exam and X-rays (which we looked at together), I am permitted to run but I am to stop if it gets too bad. I can use regular ibuprofen, etc. no prescriptions. Seems to work fine for me.

He seems to think that is isn't terribly bad and I agree. Still, if there's damage, I want to fix it. I'm not getting any younger.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Have off work today. They gave us today off because we had a work function last night, a Dinner Dance fundraiser (basically a wedding without the bride and groom). So it is officially Memorial Day weekend for me! I am going to Atlantic City with my boyfriend tomorrow through Monday, so I am moving some runs around in order to not have to worry about running while I'm away. So I will do a 6 mile uptempo out and back some time today and my long run tomorrow morning before I head down to AC.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Work. Haircut. 3 mile run. Pack. Sleep.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

From yesterday I don't stop to blow my nose. Snot rockets all the way. Just doing that when it is in the 90s always seems odd to me. Smile

Marjorie