Beginners and Beyond

Full Moon WednesDAILIES (Read 50 times)

flarunner

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

flarunner

Mornin' Everyone!

Did 10 this morning. It was a little chilly.

Have a great day!

Just B.S.

I did a double yesterday, run/swim, because I knew there would be no time today. Then spent the rest

of the day consolidating two rooms of furniture into one room.

Moving day for my Aunt. Hubby, son and I are spending the day packing up her apartment and moving

everything to our house. Good thing we have a big house.Smile

And to top it all of it's snowing of course. 4-5 more inches today.

Happy Spring!LOL

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

I have a work-related education class today so I'll be mostly MIA on the forums. Hip is feeling good so I'm planning on doing my normal 8+ LRS run sandwich tonight.

Have a great day, everyone! Smile

Decided not to run  yesterday and ill skip today, hopefully he knee will be good by the weekend! I Gotta run soon.

I will hit he gym to do some upper body work.

have a great day everyone!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

delicate flower

Hola, Wednesday!  What do you say there, forumites?  It's just another day here on the treadmill of life.  My PT appointment yesterday was uneventful.  I'm just putting in my work but have no fun milstones to report.  I got a haircut yesterday.  That seems boring enough, but what's cool is that I may be running again before my next haircut.  Oh boy!  I did an hour on the spin bike last night.  Today is an elliptical day.   Is it Friday yet?

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did my run/walk after work yesterday.   What a beautiful day!  Sunny,  69 degrees, blue skies, humidity of about 25%, light wind at about 3 - 5 mph, sweet.  Was planning on an easy 3, but felt really good and the weather was so great that I ended up doing 4.6 miles and threw in a big hill near the end.  I ran in the park next to the San Antonio Zoo and Japanese Tea Garden.  After I got to the top of the big hill I sat at the "Scenic View" area at the top for a few minutes and enjoyed below me the panoramic view of the Japanese Tea Garden. Nice.  As I got up, I disturbed the branches of a nearby flowering tree and all these lady bugs came flying up around me for a few seconds before settling back onto the branches. Felt like I was in one of those 'nature shows."  Made me smile.  Nice experience before completing my last half mile back to my starting point at one of the local Y's.

Today is a trip to the pharmacy after work to pick up my BP med refill and then get a haircut.   After that I may go to the gym and do some cardio work (stairmaster, rowing machine, stationary bike).  Today is a non-running day for me.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

9 miles @ 7:54/mile done, relaxing now with some salted caramel coffee, doesn't get much better. Smile  Actually, I take that back, it could have been about 30* warmer for my run, that would be better!  I'm moving to Florida!

Hope everyone has a great day! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

BruceD555

Morning folks. I got 9 miles done last night with 5x600 intervals on the indoor track. Tonight's menu includes 14 miles outside in what may very well be the first 40 degree temperature I've seen since last December.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Took today off to take care of kitty.  9 miles sometime tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

I have my first bruised toenail and it hurts like a mother.  So no running for me today.  Possibly weights, if I feel up to it.

As for coffee today, this is my goal.

Do you even run?

LRB

Supp Clique!

I went for a 6 mile trot this morning and it was a bit nippy at 32 degrees with a steady breeze of 10 MPH.  If the wind would just go away these temps would be so pleasant to run in.

Sigh.

As it were, my body was a little tight throughout coming off a quality effort yesterday, so I took it easy today (8:51 pace).  I will look to get a few good strides in during tomorrows run.

5.6 for me. Glass of Malbec in hand as it's almost 9:00pm here. Tomorrow night I'm flying home. It's been a long trip.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Shouts out to all!

Yesterday started my training week with 4 easy miles. Tonight will be 6x400 - I may try either  shortening the recovery time or speed the recovery pace.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

LRB

Shouts out to all!

Yesterday started my training week with 4 easy miles. Tonight will be 6x400 - I may try either  shortening the recovery time or speed the recovery pace.

Though they both work, I just let my body tell me what it wants to do.  For where I am right now that is.