Beginners and Beyond

Melting in the SATURDAILIES (Read 47 times)

delicate flower

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

<3

delicate flower

'Morning!  WHAT YA GOT!  Let's get this started!  Speak up now.

There is a wild internet rumor circulating that today will be warm outside in 98% of the country (not sure about you international folks though).   DW and I don't have any plans today.  It kind of unusual sitting here not knowing what we're going to do today.  She'll probably swim, and I'll probably treadmill.  And we both need to hit the running store for some accessory purchases.

Yesterday was a weird day of work.  Just weird.  I'm glad the weekend is here, and I am glad I slept nine hours last night.

Have a great weekend!    

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, Baboon! Rest of the gang must be busy running.

I am grumpy because I'm getting sidelined by a silly little blister. Had everything ready to try to get a long run in this morning (since I have a marathon only 6 weeks away and haven't run anything over 15 miles since my last marathon on May 26), but I put on my sock and shoe and the blister pinched with every step. The pain I can live with, but I'm afraid it would throw my stride off and cause problems elsewhere. I will lance it tonight and let it drain, and then try to get at least double-digits in tomorrow.
        And I thought I was undertrained going into Fargo ...

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Supp!

Gonna run.

Feeling groggy.

Need coffee...

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning!! I missed checking in yesterday but I ran 4 miles and 30 minutes of run/walk with my friend who is just starting C25K and wanted me to come with her for motivation. It was fun and I am really proud of her for starting!

This morning ai am visiting my boyfriend and Maryland and did a 4.5 mile trail run with my boyfriend's  doggie. She is getting SO much better with running with me and not pulling. And it was only my 2nd trail run ever and I loved it!

Happy Saturday!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

Good morning!

Ah! Shari, that sucks... Yes, try poking the little bugger and maybe apply a blister band aid on it, after? That's what I do and it works for me. Is your little guy enjoying his summer? Mine has summer school (he failed math and English) for the first time in his student career. He's not too happy about having to take the bus in July and coming home at 4 pm... Let's hope it's a lesson for him...

Morning Phil! A day with nothing planned is a blessed day. I hope your and DW enjoy it. Btw, here it's raining, but it's still pretty hot...

Lazy Saturday for me. SO has a shooting competition in Ottawa, so I'll be alone all day with DS. He has an essay to write on snakes. Or rather, he has to write about why our fear of snakes is usually irrational and the probable reasons behind those fears. That was my idea. I hate snakes. I want to attempt a 10 miler, but my left ankle is sore and my left calf is uncomfortably hard. When it's not the right side of me, it's the left one. GRRR.... If no running, then I'll lift and stretch. Boring...

Have a great Saturday and stay well hydrated!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Good morning Mr Hamstrings and Miss Kristin! Smile

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

I'll get some miles in this evening after the sun goes down.  Until then, lots on the to do list, put in a new water heater, cut the grass, bbq.  But right now, coffee. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Good morning everyone!

If it weren't for coffee, I couldn't get coffee in the morning?  lmao!

StepbyStep-SH

Lily - So sad that your guy HAS to do summer school. DS starts summer school next week, but our district is offering a lot of "fun" enrichment classes for kids who don't need the remedial math or reading help. His classes will be about geography, educational games, and "Adventures with Classic Tales." He is looking forward to seeing some friends there. He has had a good summer, and traveled great for our trip to visit family.
                      I hope your legs and feet start cooperating with you!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Welp, I'm all jizzed up on Veranda Blend.  It is 72 degrees with a dew point of 67, and 83% humidity...

Zoom zoom!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 miles tonight.

Baboon, ugh at the heat.

Shari, sorry about the blister.  Hope it gets better soon.

LRB, hope you got your coffee.

Kristin, nice 4.5 in a new area and with the doggie.

Lily, take it easy with the comeback.

D2, sounds like you will be busy.  Good luck with the 10.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rondog65

Good morning,

Baboon - enjoy your unplanned day today

Shari - I recommend amputation to take care of that blister, it's the same advise I give my kids when they complain of something, don't worry they ignore me as well.

LRB - I get my coffee after I have gotten up and going, like to visit my local Dunkin Donuts and get the paper.

Kristin - enjoy your visit with the BF and the run with the pup.

Lily - Hope you feel better.

D2 - don't forget to ring the dinner bell with that BBQ and we will all come running.

Got my 4.6 mile training run early in hopes of avoiding the heat, etc.  I didn't work as it is lousy out there, ugh, can't wait for this to break.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 for me this am.

Marjorie

Zelanie

Hey, dailies, help me plan my race schedule!

My next HM will be on Nov. 24.  But I am itching to race, and I'm pretty sure that both my 5K and 10K PRs are soft.  In the case of the 10K, maybe over a minute per mile soft, even.  I found two races that I want to do, and they both offer a 5K *and* a 10K.

Race #1 is Sept. 29.  Race #2 is Oct. 12.

Normally, it would make sense to do the 5K first, and do the 10K closer to the half.  But, I ran race #1 last year, and it is the only 10K I've run so far.  If I run the 10K this year, it's realistic to think that I could get a 6:20 or better PR on the same course.  And that would be a ton of fun.  The 5Ks both look like I would have a chance for an AG placement, the 10Ks, not so much.  Not that it matters, I suppose, but it is fun to win stuff, yes?

So, should I just run the 10K for both races?  5Ks are a dime a dozen and I might be able to pick one up at another date.  Or do the 10K for race #1, and the 5K for race #2?  These races are nice because they are both on Sundays, so I don't have to try to get a Saturday off like I usually would.

Thoughts?