Beginners and Beyond

Who's racing this weekend? (Read 226 times)

@runjerseygirl

Amy (room317) and I are doing a local 5k.  Anyone else?

Do you even run?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I'm not racing, but I'm volunteering tomorrow at the Wauhatchie Trail Run at the Chattanooga Nature Center. I'll be a course sentry/photographer. Should be fun.

The race has staggered, age-graded starting times so that the slowest age/gender group starts first while the fastest age/gender starts last. Ought to make for some interesting passing along the trails. I hope to catch some good action for the track club's photo gallery.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I will be running my first 10K on Sunday! and apparently if the forecast is to be believed I will be running it in the pouring rain! It's called the Hot Chocolate run put on by NYC Runs (a new organization started as an alternative to NYRR races). The race will be held on Roosevelt Island, which is a tiny island in the East River between Manhattan and Queens. I'm really excited!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Good luck racers. Have fun, run smart, run hard, have fun. Dudes don't get chicked at the end Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

@runjerseygirl

Good luck racers. Have fun, run smart, run hard, have fun. Dudes don't get chicked at the end Smile

This made me LOL!

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Kay, you better take pics of the FE!

I have a race which I have not registered for (that's a miracle).  I need to break my previous 5 miler PR (it's old).  However, I have this bad migraine and lower back pain so I'll decide tomorrow.  I do tons of races for fun but short races are NOT fun unless I'm racing them so why waste my time if I'm not going to give it a try?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Can't wait to run the 5k tomorrow... I haven't run a 5k since March. I'm not sure I remember how, LOL.

Docket_Rocket

Can't wait to run the 5k tomorrow... I haven't run a 5k since March. I'm not sure I remember how, LOL.

Easy, run as fast as you can, wish you don't die, and finish.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

Kay, you better take pics of the FE!

I have a race which I have not registered for (that's a miracle).  I need to break my previous 5 miler PR (it's old).  However, I have this bad migraine and lower back pain so I'll decide tomorrow.  I do tons of races for fun but short races are NOT fun unless I'm racing them so why waste my time if I'm not going to give it a try?

Of course we will!  There's also two women from a local "Moms Run This Town" chapter that I'm meeting up with.  I'm looking forward to making some new runner friends! Smile

Do you even run?

@runjerseygirl

Easy, run as fast as you can, wish you don't die, and finish.

LOL!  And pray you don't get a migraine afterwards!  I'm on my first bottle of water today.  The goal is 6.  I'll be floating by the end of the day!

Do you even run?

Zelanie

I've got a Saturday afternoon 5K.

#artbydmcbride

10k race tomorrow, the Troutman Sanders Renegade Santa Run.   Smile  Every finisher gets a Christmas Ornament.  I am going to try for an age group award as well.  Cool

Runners run

sugnim

I'm doing a night race this evening called the Light the Way 5K.  It will mostly be on trails, and the course will be illuminated by candles & xmas lights.  At the finish, there will be a choir & band playing holiday music, a bonfire, hot chocolate, hot toddies, and cookies.  Big grin

meaghansketch

A 15K Saturday morning.  I love the distance and think I have a very decent chance to break 1:20 (previous was 1:21 and change in this same race last December). 

Kristin- Have fun at the Hot Chocolate race and good luck on your first 10K!  I almost did that one instead but looking at the weather I'm glad I'm racing Saturday and not Sunday. Hope it is not raining too hard!

Good luck to everyone racing! 

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck everyone! Sugnim that race sounds awesome!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to