Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES! (Read 35 times)

LRB

Sup yo!

Rest day #2 for me as my mind and body continues to lol when I wake up to run.

How is your day looking, running or otherwise?

delicate flower

Hello, John and Jane Q. Taxpayer!  How are you on this fine Friday yeah that's great!  I'll be fixing to RUN after work, then ski Saturday and Sunday.  I'll be trying out demo skis too, while I begin my search for a new pair.  Need to squeeze in as many ski days as we can the next 5-6 weeks before our trip to Colorado in January.

<3

on my way to badass

Boon- you skiing in the Green Mtn. State? It's been years since I skied VT. I need new skis too and considering going tele (bunions make boot fitting tough).

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

delicate flower

Boon- you skiing in the Green Mtn. State? It's been years since I skied VT. I need new skis too and considering going tele (bunions make boot fitting tough).

Yep...wife and I have Mount Snow season passes.  Her cousin lives up there and we crash at their place when we go up.  Frankly, I am amazed that said cousin isn't sick of us but she keeps insisting we come up.  I'm looking for some wider and softer skis.  I rented a pair in Colorado last year and fell in love with them.

<3

4 miles on the hotel treadmill.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am going to run 4 and weights this afternoon (at 3pm, yikes!) before heading to the Trans Siberian Orchestra concert.  If the weather is too hot or too sunny, I might use the TM but I need to level it and everything so not sure.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Mornin' ya'll. Rocky and I got 6.2 miles in this morning, it was 23 degrees and chilly.

Dorian has a play & learn session this morning, he's going to these 3 days a week now - Monday, Wednesday and Friday for an hour each and he is already showing improvement since last Wednesday. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

outoftheblue

Good morning.  2 inches of rain over night, and it's still raining.  That's nothing compared to the 6+ inches they got in the Bay Area yesterday, so maybe we got off easy.  As as it's light, I'm going to make sure the chickens are all safe and dry.  Their outside yard is going to be a swamp for them, tho.  Poor things are all cooped up!

Going to hit the mill for 3 or 4 easy miles and see if the legs still work.

LRB -- Everyone needs a break, enjoy RD #2

Baboon -- Sounds like a great weekend coming up.  Enjoy the slopes.

Hi Stone Fence!

Damaris --I love trans-sibererian.  Have run the concert.

Dave -- is everything still pain free?  Enjoy the 4

FS-  Good news about Dorian!

Life is good.

Dave -- is everything still pain free?  Enjoy the 4

So far so good...thinking about trying a big 6-miler this weekend.

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.3 for me today

Marjorie

adkkev

Dorian has a play & learn session this morning, he's going to these 3 days a week now - Monday, Wednesday and Friday for an hour each and he is already showing improvement since last Wednesday. 

That's great news FS!!  

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies and Happy Friday.

All is good here, just a LOT of rain. At one point last night we got almost an inch of rain in 45 minutes. Very little mud has come down (so far), just a lot of sticks, branches, sandbags, etc.  Hopefully the worst has passed but there is more coming on Monday.  SRD for me.

DaveP: Good luck on the LR and I'm happy to hear things are getting better.

Have a good weekend.

Docket_Rocket

Hi Dailies and Happy Friday.

All is good here, just a LOT of rain. At one point last night we got almost an inch of rain in 45 minutes. Very little mud has come down (so far), just a lot of sticks, branches, sandbags, etc.  Hopefully the worst has passed but there is more coming on Monday.  SRD for me.

DaveP: Good luck on the LR and I'm happy to hear things are getting better.

Have a good weekend.

Ugh. Except for the mud, sounds like our rainy season. Stay dry!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

outoftheblue

I'm very sad this morning.  I went up to check on the chickens and one of my very favorite hens was laying dead in the coop.  She seemed fine yesterday, so I don't know what happened.  I'm wondering if a gust of wind blew her into something and she sustained internal injuries.  Poor girl.  She was one of our two broody hens and was a sweet chicken.

Life is good.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I'm very sad this morning.  I went up to check on the chickens and one of my very favorite hens was laying dead in the coop.  She seemed fine yesterday, so I don't know what happened.  I'm wondering if a gust of wind blew her into something and she sustained internal injuries.  Poor girl.  She was one of our two broody hens and was a sweet chicken.

That stinks.  We used to have chickens, all hens. People would laugh about it, but they are very cool pets. We raised them from the egg so they were totally tame. They would sit in our laps, eat the bugs in the garden, when they saw me with a rake or garden tools they would come running, and they even took naps with the dog. A fox or raccoon got in the coop one night and got one, but the others lived to be old ladies. Not only were they great pets, the fresh eggs were great in our breakfast burritos.

Now I want to get more chickens...  Smile