Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Rundailies (Read 44 times)

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Happy holidays will be here soon, especially for the heating gas and oil companies.  "Feels Like" temperature is roughly half of my scheduled miles, hooray!

LRB

Supp J!

It is currently 14 degrees with a wind chill of WTF.  A runners gotta do what a runners gotta do though....

delicate flower

'Morning and Happy Sunday!  Jay starting the dailies?  Has the world gone crazy!?

I've got a little matter of a 5K's ass to kick this morning.  Also get to have a FE with Oski!  Oh wait, that's every weekend.  

<3

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies!

Checking in from "not allowed to run"-land. Knee's pretty happy. Which means I'm pretty happy.

Played some poker last night and only lost about $3 or so. A friendly night of beer, good food, and great friends.

Wish I could say the same about my Buckeyes. Oh well, at least I wasn't paying much attention to the game. Life is much more important than even college football (I have to tell the local Alabama fans that a lot this week).  I'm thinking that it's Auburn and Florida State for the big one, though I defer to the college football experts for the final say on that issue.

I'm thinking of doing a mile or so (walking) on the TM this morning to get the blood flowing. I really need to get moving a little in preparation for my return to running in January.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

It is currently 14 degrees with a wind chill of WTF.  A runners gotta do what a runners gotta do though....

WTF = "Where's The Fahrenheit?"

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Zelanie

Here I was thinking it was cold yesterday.

LRB

WTF = "Where's The Fahrenheit?"

Nice!  Good luck with the run tonight!

Good luck Boon!

Dayum Z!  Guess I should shut the F up then.  lol

Welp, I got out and got 'em done - 8 miles in 1:09.  It warmed up to 18 and really was not that bad, except my stupid left paw was frozen again.

Imma go out tomorrow and buy those gloves I tried on Friday.  I hoped to save the 40 bucks they cost by trying a couple of other combinations, but it is just not worth dickin' around with a bunch of crap when comfort, functionality and reliability are at play.

It is currently 14 degrees with a wind chill of WTF.  

For those of you keeping score at home, WTF=6.

14 degrees, so had to do 15 miles. Average pace of 9:00 flat. Just looked at my splits, and despite never looking at my watch, managed to keep it pretty steady (by my standards) - range of 8:54-9:09. Except for mile 15, which was 8:42. Wink

Got back at 11:30 to find the kids still in bed. Roll eyes

Just ate; now to go stand under a hot shower until the tank runs out.

Dave

Ric-G

jay - so i'm guessing you're not running 40 today

baboon  - good luck

tom - not bad for $3

zel - ouch...wth  (where's the heat)

lrb - hope they are worth every penny of $40

dave - nice pacing there

5 this morning and a toasty 35 degrees...don't know how you guys do it...have a great sunday everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

For those of you keeping score at home, WTF=6.

That is exactly what it was too!

Yay for me......heading out to buy a new washing machine...........then to the club for a workout and 3 miles on the TM.

shouldnt shoes last more 225 miles? I'm wearing Brooks GTS 13's and the outside heal is worn down a bunch. This is my third pair of shoes in the last 18 months. Guess I'll have to visit the LRS this week and see if there is something different I should be looking at.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I totally underestimated the snow this morning, I had planned for 11 miles but not a minute after starting on the trails I realized how difficult that was going to be. 4-5 inches of snow, and then the ungodly uneven footing that other's footprints caused - my feet were landing in all sorts of directions, bending my ankles in awful ways, my calves were conspiring mutiny on me...... it was just freaking awful - I hate snow! Right around mile 1 I was thinking "fuck it, I'll do 2 miles and give up".... around mile 2.5 I was thinking "I'll finish with 4 and just deal with it"...... but by mile 4 I was thinking "fuck you snow, I will do 5!", and then it became 6 and then I finally felt good enough with 7.1 miles in 1:29:34. I hiked quite a bit of it, near the end my calves were done screaming and it was my quads' turn to scream and hate me.

I am wore out, I am exhausted and I know I will be feeling it tomorrow. Rocky was loving it by the way, he was in a winter wonderland with all the snow but I think he was done too.

Right around mile 4, you could see on my face I was getting my ass kicked.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Wow I won't complain anymore about it being cold here....Zelanie, Dave and LRB that is rough

Aww cute doggie FreeSoul!

Finished my half marathon! I had zero expectations for it.... I had an incredibly low mileage month, shin splints, and a stomach virus recently....considered DNS-ing several times this week. Finally decided to just do it and take it very easy. Had no tummy troubles, and my shin actually felt FINE the whole time. Everything felt fine actually....not one niggle of any pain, anywhere. And I didn't feel out of shape despite my horribly low mileage lately. It was a hilly course (Central Park) and rather chilly (30 "feels like" 24) but I haven't felt so good running in a long time. I think my deep tissue massage Friday night did my body wonders! So my 2nd half marathon is complete with a time of 2:32:13.... only 10.5 minutes slower than my PR/first half and I ran the whole thing easy. So all smiles here Smile. Oh, and I got to see bluerun, she was volunteering.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Congrats Kristin!

Dave