Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: How long would it take before you pulled a sidearm out of the nightstand and blasted this thing to smithereens? (Read 65 times)

LRB

LRB

Wassup Team!

I am up early to head over to Rochester Hills for this stupid run this morning, having need for a bit of a closed course that is flat and Paint Creek Trail is about as good as it gets in that department (not totally closed but not bad).

The 6 mile loop at Stoney Creek would actually be much better (paved and totally closed to traffic) and convenient (closer), but I have been running on those hills for the better part of a month and need a break from that nonsense.

See you when I get back, whoop-whoop! 

StepbyStep-SH

If I didn't destroy that thing, my husband would, since I wake up 2 hours earlier than he does!

Today, I didn't really even need an alarm - eyes opened 5 minutes before it was set to go off. I'm running to/from the Y to meet up with the group for our Wednesday hill workout. Should be about 8 miles altogether.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Mmmmm...beer

Yeah, that thing wouldn't last long at all!

7 miles done this morning (with another 7 I didn't post about yesterday after work).  Good stuff.

Have a great day everyone!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Are you kidding? I would love an alarm that didn't go off till 8:21 AM.

I was able to sleep in today anyway, because SRD.

Dave

delicate flower

Are you kidding? I would love an alarm that didn't go off till 8:21 AM.

haha....Dave for the win!  Big grin  I don't get what the point of that is though.  In order to sleep more, you have to be coherent?  Seems like you'd want to sleep more if you can't answer the question.

Anywho, good morning, forum surfers!  Fresh off yesterday's double, I've got 8 easy miles planned after work today.  I am giving my Garmin one more chance before it goes back.  I gave it a factory reset, so we'll see if that fixes the rebooting issue.

<3

delicate flower

Heh...check this out.  Recent post, too.  It would appear I am not going nuts.  I guess I'll give Garmin a chance to sort this out before returning the device.  Looks like a new device wouldn't really help anyway.

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?104252-Forerunner-620-rebooting-during-an-activity

<3

happylily

7 at recovery tonight. Oh the joy!

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

If I didn't destroy that thing, my husband would, since I wake up 2 hours earlier than he does!

Today, I didn't really even need an alarm - eyes opened 5 minutes before it was set to go off. I'm running to/from the Y to meet up with the group for our Wednesday hill workout. Should be about 8 miles altogether.

8.36 miles, 3 sets of planks between hill repeats, and about a 2-minute wall sit. Followed by a very yummy banana-peanut butter-oatmeal smoothie ... but now I need COFFEE. Or a nap. But the coffee is the only viable option.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 and weights.  My knee is a bit wonky but I know it's from all the TM mileage.  Hoping to get out there tonight but I have no hope.  It's way past 90F right now.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Morning!  I have 6 and weights.  My knee is a bit wonky but I know it's from all the TM mileage.  Hoping to get out there tonight but I have no hope.  It's way past 90F right now.

My knee had been feeling great and hadn't made a peep in quite a while.  Coincidentally I hadn't used the TM in over a month.  One treadmill run last week and my knee got grumpy.  Not sure what the deal is but apparently running on pavement is better for my knees than running on a treadmill.

<3

Docket_Rocket

My knee had been feeling great and hadn't made a peep in quite a while.  Coincidentally I hadn't used the TM in over a month.  One treadmill run last week and my knee got grumpy.  Not sure what the deal is but apparently running on pavement is better for my knees than running on a treadmill.

I feel the same way.  I assume it's because we change gaits and/or run slower there?  I get to run outside tomorrow because I am working from home so I can run at 6am (not too early, not too late). Looking forward to not hurting my knee, ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up all, I got 9 miles in this morning and I am still alive and not missing (obviously). At 72 degrees, 94% humidity and a dew point of 69 I chose not to take Rocky along as I knew he would suffer.

I figure I will start going to the gym tomorrow morning, starting with a 3 miler or 30 minutes.... it is going to be so weird not using my watch for my runs on a treadmill, blah.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

catwhoorg

Labrat

8:21 ? I have been at work for over an hour and a half by then.

Mind you I could pick the next number in the Fibonacci series in my sleep.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

LRB

8:21 ? I have been at work for over an hour and a half by then.

Must be a bank executive.  lol

10 mile progression run done and somebody needs to call the police because I killed it yo!