Beginners and Beyond

Get your Tuesdailies on! (Read 39 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 8 miles with mile intervals. This should go well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Run and Pilates are in store for me

From yesterday, Basya the juvenile adults are my twin  brother and my father. They are acting like 5 year olds. They need to talk but instead twin avoids confrontation at all costs and sticks his head in the sand thinking it will go away. Dad sends emails to twin about it and won't talk it through or admit he had anything to do with why they are at this pass in the road. My dad also does the 'everyone hates me thing.' I did tell him once, a few months ago, when he did similar thing that he should just go eat worms then (from the childhood song). He wasn't amused but it did shut him down for a bit from the whining.

This drama has been going on to some extent since April but is getting worse and came to a head Sunday.

I'm trying to just stay out of it which is hard since I am apparently the only rational adult and the glue for the family. I've had dad call me twice, twin once, dads wife once and 5 messages from SIL. Just in two days.....makes for good running!  All the drama!

Marjorie

delicate flower

What ya say there, ePeople!  7 easy miles at 8:07 pace last night.  Cooler temps, low humidity, fresh legs, and a flat route makes easy pace faster.  7 more easy miles planned after work today, continuing my taper week.  Today's run will be slower given that the heat and humidity is back the next two days (BOOOOO!).

Is it Friday yet?

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

A childhood favorite. here is the Song 

"Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,
            Guess I'll go eat worms,
            Long, thin, slimy ones; Short, fat, juicy ones,
            Itsy, bitsy, fuzzy wuzzy worms.

Down goes the first one, down goes the second one,
            Oh how they wiggle and squirm.
            Itsy, bitsy, fuzzy wuzzy worms."

your ear worm for the day.  You are welcome

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

I wish it was Friday since Monday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

Guess I'll go eat worms,

A personal fave of mine Smile

SRD for me, but will walk a couple of miles on the TM and do a short cardio routine, just so I can earn some calories for dinner.

Guess I'll go eat worms,

Well we actually sang a slightly more graphic version:

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,

I eat worms all day.

First I bite the head off, then I suck the guts out,

Then I throw the rest away.

Clearly I had a very different kind of childhood....

Dave

Hip Redux

Tuesday tooodly-do to all of you!

Off to work where I will be dragged into meetings for most of the day.   Goal for today is to drink enough coffee that I don't fall asleep in any of them.

Docket_Rocket

Well we actually sang a slightly more graphic version:

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,

I eat worms all day.

First I bite the head off, then I suck the guts out,

Then I throw the rest away.

Clearly I had a very different kind of childhood....

We have that same version in Spanish.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Happy Tuesday.

Last night: Hill repeats!  8 x 60 seconds @ 7:23/mile with jog back recoveries. With warm up and cool down count it as 6.5 miles.

This morning: I rose early so I could beat the heat (supposed to be in the mid 90's later), but I did *not* beat the humidity. Wow.  I some how got through 8 miles. I'll admit there was some walking involved near the end.  I lost over 5 lbs on that one.  But now my afternoon/evening is FREE!

Nice run, Phil.

Make it a good one, runners.

Docket_Rocket

Ugh, hills, c0derunner.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Supp!

7 easy done which was anything but.  It was 76 degrees and muggy before I took my first step, and things did not get much better.  I lacked energy the entire run, and my legs were completely dead.  At one point during mile 3, had a cab came by, I would have flagged it down!

It is clear that I have not recovered from last weeks exploits, so I will forgo speed work and strides this week, and instead run as easy as easy will allow.

Oh, and I think I need to eat more...no problem there!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is September 10th!   Holidays for today are:

Swap Ideas Day - Encourages us to share and trade ideas and concepts.

National Boss/Employee Exchange Day - If you ever wondered whether your boss could do your job, today is the day to find out.  Of course, you have to be able to do the boss' job too!

TV Dinner Day - most of you are probably way too young to remember those original TV dinners in the aluminum foil packs...

ideas cartoons, ideas cartoon, ideas picture, ideas pictures, ideas image, ideas images, ideas illustration, ideas illustrations

tv dinner cartoons, tv dinner cartoon, tv dinner picture, tv dinner pictures, tv dinner image, tv dinner images, tv dinner illustration, tv dinner illustrations

KEYWORD1  2012-03-21  parody  parodies  movie  movies  film  films  tv  television

KEYWORD1  2012-01-21  cup  cups  latte  lattes  coffee  work  workplace  workplaces

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

Hello fellow runners.

The good news: Yesterday I got to beat the shit out of a punching dummy with Phillippino fighting sticks. And it was a good thing I got to spend an hour doing that because ...

The bad news: I bought a new (used) car. Yay! Right? Wrong. While the salesman was going over controls and things with me, the driver's power seat back decided to fold up all on it's own. Several times. With me in the seat. So he had the service department check it out, declared that it was just a glitch with the memory seats because we hadn't cleared the memory, and said it was all taken care of. We went over things again, no sign of the problem, I signed a check and drove away.
                                Later in the afternoon, I was sitting in the driveway programming the garage door opener, and it happened again. And again while I was driving my son home from school. And again, on the highway at 60 mph. And when my husband drove it around the block last night.

Of course, I had turned down a service contract, thinking we weren't likely to have $2,500 worth of covered repairs in the time the contract would cover. And Wisconsin does NOT have a "cooling off" period on car purchases if you sign the contract at the dealership. FML.

So, I will be marching in there this morning, without a lot of ground to stand on, but determined not to drive away in this car as it is now. I will either be leaving it for them to repair or driving out with my old car - penalty for canceling the contract be damned.

And to help my mood and hopefully my impression, I decided to forgo my usual "stay-at-home mom" uniform of shorts and a comfy T-shirt for as close as I come anymore to a business suit.

Wish me luck.

As for running ... yeah. Don't think it's happening today.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.