Beginners and Beyond

Super Fly Saturday Dailies (Read 42 times)

Hip Redux

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Hip Redux

Off to my grand gala picnic, 200 people, 100 dogs... halp!

Looks like we have a big crew racing today- GOOD LUCK RACERS!

09/14 GinnyinPA - Mad Anthony Half Marathon

09/14 staceyloobug - Greensburg Half Marathon

09/14 lilac_jive - Divas Wine Country Half Marathon

09/14 Baboon - Gulf Beach Half Marathon

09/14 RabbitChaser - Hawk Marathon

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Oski! Morning, Dailies!

Enjoy the picnic!

SRD for me, but it's 59 degrees out there right now so I will be running. I have to head downtown and give one of my HR monitors to a friend since his failed. He's training for NY and he is an extensive user of the HR monitor for all his training. And, I have 3 of them, all Garmin. Soon to be 2.

Anyway, since I'll be downtown anyway to meet him, I might as well put in a few easy miles on the Riverwalk.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I hate autocorrect on the ipad. No matter how careful you are, stuff still sneaks in.

Puppy pool later this am.

Marjorie

outoftheblue

Good morning Oski, Tom and Marjorie!

100 dogs at your picnic Oski?  I hope they are well behaved.   I'm off to a few  miles -- I really haven't decided how many yet, so I'll see how the legs feel.

Life is good.

Will run for scenery.

Wow Öski, that picnic is no picnic!  Enjoy.

Good luck racers!

I'm trying to talk myself out of bed and up Puke's Peak.  (HaHa It always comes out that way when I type on my phone; today I won't correct it!)  It's my last chance LR before my 50k.  I'm thinking I'll go 3/4 of the way up.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LRB

Off to my grand gala picnic, 200 people, 100 dogs... halp!

Maybe half of them will be vegetarian, and half of the others won't show, lmao!

Wassup crew!

Good luck to all the Super Fly Racers!

Like Blue, I am just going to see what happens once I am out there.  I have been bothered by a sore back all week, which has really cramped my style.

Hopefully today brings a normal run...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A gorgeous weekend, it will barely reach 70........... I am so happy I could cry lol, Gonna do some hiking today, then I have an 11 miler tomorrow morning, going to find out if I can bare to wear shorts in temps below 50..... Big grin

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

Morning all! Lazy morning and I slept in, but since I only need 10ish for miles, and the temps are going to be nice and cool, there was no reason to get up early.

I'll run on the rail-trail while DS hangs out at the YMCA's drop-in care. Then he and I will do one of three things: visit a festival-type thing at a local ecopark (farmer's market, kids activities, etc.), go hiking somewhere, or come home and bake goodies with the apples we bought at the orchard earlier this week. I need to make a salad and dessert for tomorrow evening, some muffins for Monday, and another treat of some kind to take to a family on Tuesday.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Happy not-at-work Saturdailies!  Good luck racers.

Oski - a single cat could cause its yearly quota of trouble at that picnic.  Have fun.

Tom - nice of you to let him use the monitor, and good on an unscheduled run

Marjorie - autoincorrect

OOTB - have a good run

jjs - have fun

Rick - hope your back improves

Free - "bare to wear shorts" - yes, yes you can Wink  50 is def. still shorts weather.

Step - wonderful day, enjoy it

Getting stuff packed up and then heading out early this afternoon for a lazy day of packet pickup, expo, and eating a bunch of mini wheats in the hotel.

Zelanie

Good luck to today's racers!

I have a RD today, and a 5K tomorrow afternoon.  First race since my April HM and knee injury.  Apparently there is a "chance of thunderstorms" and a 50% chance of precipitation.  Woot!

Oski- Hope the picnic turns out to be a lot of fun!

Tom- Good on you sharing your HRM!

Marjorie- Maybe you should head over to Oski's picnic instead of the puppy pool!

OOTB- Enjoy the miles!

JJS- Good luck on Puke's Peak!

LRB- Hope the back behaves for your run.

FreeSoul- Enjoy the fall temps!

Step- Looks like you have a great day ahead no matter which option you choose!

Good luck, Jay!

B-Plus

09/14 GinnyinPA - Mad Anthony Half Marathon

09/14 staceyloobug - Greensburg Half Marathon

09/14 lilac_jive - Divas Wine Country Half Marathon

09/14 Baboon - Gulf Beach Half Marathon

09/14 RabbitChaser - Hawk Marathon

Good luck racers! Good luck Jay.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  8 miles later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

3.5 miles at my parent's house (slept there last night) and now off to the Rutgers game with my dad!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Forgot to say, good luck to our racers!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page